You forgot that static page Kristen......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

What is that?

It stays, it sticks, its..........static......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kristen

Re: I Could Cry

Post by Kristen »

kata wrote:You forgot that static page Kristen
Is that on Blogger?

Can you arrange the Static pages into a mini-website in some way then? If so sounds like the same thing as Wordpress.

By way of example my Blog shows Blog posts (on the Left), and in the Right-hand Pane is a Page Tree
BlogLayout.jpg
http://kgarden.wordpress.com/
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

The forum session timeout is set to 14,400 seconds which is 240 minutes or 4 hours. If you are composing a post taking longer than that the session will time out and log you off.

If you check the auto login box when you log in, it automatically logs you in again if your session does time out, OR more likely if your connection drops or times out for some reason.

Connection timeout can be the host server having a problem, OR your ISP having a problem, OR somewhere in the internet infrastructure having a problem.

Peak times on some ISPs reduce the connection speed, and others can CAP you if you download too much in a certain time period.

It is always assumed that the host site is at fault if a connection times out, but in reality there is a physical connection between both ends on most of the route and it suffers the same problems as people do hacking across the country.

If a person is late for a meeting it is possible that the meeting room door was locked so the host is at fault, but far more likely that there was an accident, or congestion, etc, that caused the delay in their arrival. :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by kata »

I meant Wordpress static page Kristen,

The email list I am on use Wordpress for their clients as a web site if thats any help, WP is so much more than a blog. Can be a website and a blog all on the same CMS (Content Management System).

I see from your footer you are on Wordpress.com. Have you no hosting space? I have two WP.com sites, they are still there not touched for months if not years. The dog site there is permanent.

But I prefer my own space to develop my sites.

http://mybichonstar.com/kynismarmissmillie/

icon_sunny

Your so limited at WP.com.

icon_cheers icon_cheers
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

kata wrote:I meant Wordpress static page Kristen
Ah, OK, I'll take a look, thanks.
I see from your footer you are on Wordpress.com. Have you no hosting space?
Yeah loads(my profession is building huge eComemrce sites), but I'm too lazy to set up a blog. My Blog on wordpress.com is pretty slow to use their tools for updating etc., so would probably be much faster if I set up my own ... and I could put it on a domain name of my choice (can do that too with the freebie one, but that's some hassle too ...)

me=bone-idle!!