phpBB Forum Upgrade

GoggleboxUK

Re: phpBB Forum Upgrade

Post by GoggleboxUK »

cordyman wrote:How do we edit posts?

so i can change the subject of my blog to "fence upgrade" :lol:
Edit the first post and change the title there.

;)
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Aido, I've just noticed that message notifications don't appear on the board like they used to. Not a problem for me as I always have an email tab open and I get notified that way but others may have a different set up and not know if they receive a message.

I'm on the Light version of the new script btw.

I also wondered if you'd be able to do this....

You mentioned you were trying to find somewhere to place the buttons so I've done a mock up. On the main forum front page these red highlighted text buttons appear but when View New Posts is clicked they disappear leaving a gap in the same place that would make a good spot to repeat the same button script:

Apologies if this is something you're already taking care of, or if my lack of coding experience is shining through and this isn't possible, I just thought I'd make the suggestion.

;)
Aidan Brown
Site Admin

Post by Aidan Brown »

redsquirrel wrote:just picked up a message from Ade, he cant get on anymore, keeps timing out on him like it did before. any suggestions i can pass on would be gratefully recieved icon_thumright
This would be unrelated to the site upgrade as that sounds like connectivity problems

He could try doing a ping test to hardytropicals.co.uk. Start > run, type Cmd, press enter, type ping www. Hardytropicals.co.uk. If it can't connect it'll say something like destination host unreachable.
Aidan Brown
Site Admin

Post by Aidan Brown »

GoggleboxUK wrote:Aido, I've just noticed that message notifications don't appear on the board like they used to. Not a problem for me as I always have an email tab open and I get notified that way but others may have a different set up and not know if they receive a message.

I'm on the Light version of the new script btw.

I also wondered if you'd be able to do this....

You mentioned you were trying to find somewhere to place the buttons so I've done a mock up. On the main forum front page these red highlighted text buttons appear but when View New Posts is clicked they disappear leaving a gap in the same place that would make a good spot to repeat the same button script:

Apologies if this is something you're already taking care of, or if my lack of coding experience is shining through and this isn't possible, I just thought I'd make the suggestion.

;)
Absolutely fine ( and have even done a mock up wasn't expecting that!) when viewing the forums the link should be there now or so I thiought unless I missed copying the change across to the light theme. I'll have to take a look later as work calls now .
kata

Post by kata »

Same as before how to edit Cordy.
:mrgreen:
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

It's not showing on the Light version Aido.

;)
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

cheers Aido,i believe it is his pc too but it is very difficult to try anything when you are not there with the machine in front of you. i will pass your message on and get him to try it icon_thumright icon_thumright
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Brilliant work Aido, all buttons now present and correct.

Many thanks.

;)
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

i changed the theme and then back again, and EDIT has now appeared and also NEW POST in a nice fancy button

coincidence aid have you just done it? or has it given me the effect of a CTRL + F5?
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

also adooooooooooooooooore the mobile site on my android phone, looks sexy as hell drunken_smilie1 drunken_smilie1 drunken_smilie1
Aidan Brown
Site Admin

Post by Aidan Brown »

changing the theme will probably have the same effect to some extent, as least its working :D
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Apologies if this has been covered: I'm unable to find the QUOTE and EDIT logos on the posts. Is there a different set-up for this that my decomposing brain has not yet found?
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

GREVILLE wrote:Apologies if this has been covered: I'm unable to find the QUOTE and EDIT logos on the posts. Is there a different set-up for this that my decomposing brain has not yet found?
this is what i just discovered by changing the theme and back again and the buttons appeared.

Go into User Control Panel.

Before trying this press CTRL + F5

which should force a manual refresh
Aidan Brown
Site Admin

Post by Aidan Brown »

Some people do seem to be saying this but I don't see why as the images are there in place.

All i can advise at the minute is that you try pressing ctrl + F5 at the some time on the keyboard (if on windows) which loads all of the cached items again.

If that doesn't work you can try what cordyman has said which is under 'User Control Panel' > 'Board Preferences' and change the board style to one of the other themes and change it back again.

edit: Beat me to it :D
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

aid prob because people have the first version cached on computer before the buttons were uploaded and finished.