sacmpii.jpg (16.15 KiB) Viewed 4488 times
sacmpii.jpg
sacmpii.jpg (16.15 KiB) Viewed 4488 times
kata

Re: pic triel

Post by kata »

Lovely dog,

Now thats bigger than your last pic.

Have you no Digi camera and cable then you don't need Photobucket?

:mrgreen:
jezza

Post by jezza »

And a spell check test is needed.... it's "Trial" lol 8)
daz

Post by daz »

lol thanks jezza i did notice this after i have posted it .Kata yes i do have a digi camera.i thought you needed something like photbucker to compress the pics.How do you do it without please.I want to put some pics on here of my garden and its doing me head in coz i cant get them on. icon_salut
Kerinsian

Post by Kerinsian »

Google lunapic Daz, it's an online editing tool. I use it all the time to edit pics uploaded from my camera to a folder on my computer so I can post them here and elsewhere, it's pretty easy to use and no software downloads. :)

You can choose the resolution when you upload as well as when you save. If you just upload at the one already set, then save as a jpeg straight away they should upload here fine.
kata

Post by kata »

Thanks Kerin,

I could also find that very handy.

I do have Photosuite but usually use paint for the forum.

icon_cheers

Done an Image.
luna2.gif
luna2.gif (56.58 KiB) Viewed 4387 times
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

daz wrote:How do you do it without please.I want to put some pics on here of my garden and its doing me head in coz i cant get them on. icon_salut
Dunno if any easier but in case helpful:

I use http://www.irfanview.com/ (free to download)

Open picture

(optional crop)

Press Control-R to resize. I use 800x600 (landscape) or 600x800 (portrait)

File-Save As:

Save to a new folder and/or filename (so you don't accidentally overwrite the original high quality image)

In the "Save options" set to "quality" to 70%

You should wind up with a file that is less than 100KB, but with decent quality

At (optional crop) you can Crop the image (i.e. before reducing in size and saving). To do this Click and Drag the mouse to "describe" the area you want to keep. If you make a mistake click outside the area and have another go, or "drag" the edges until you get them in the right place, then press Control-Y to crop (this will throw away the part of the image outside the area you have described).
flounder

Post by flounder »

A free programme called shrinkpic does it all for you as you upload the photo
kata

Post by kata »

That was'nt at all painful... :lol:

Saves putting programes on the computer. You do need to save within two hours otherwise brilliant.

Thanks Flounder!

icon_cheers icon_cheers
whitewonder.jpg
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

kata wrote:Saves putting programes on the computer.
If you upload a "from-camera" image, which will be many mega-bytes, and then process it "online", you will spend a long time waiting for the upload, and for that reason I personally prefer to do the processing on my PC and then upload the relatively tiny image (100Kb or less) that is created.

Of course if you also want a high quality image online (on a photo-sharing site, for example) then the point is moot.
kata

Post by kata »

Never uploaded any of my 2736x3648 Images,

I prefer to edit with paint...does what It says on the..erm tin... :lol: But its nice to have the links to photo editors from the members, more so if I am in a hurry.

It took 30 secs to upload my 2736x3648 to lunapic.
lunatrachi.jpeg