Errors

allangreenbean

Re: Errors

Post by allangreenbean »

Have you tried switching it off and then switching it on again.....the internet that is :ahhh!:
kata

Post by kata »

No need,

Its only this forum, any other forum or Internet in general is fine. Its the server at Dave's host now and again thats the problem.

Its fine now. icon_cheers
Aidan Brown
Site Admin

Post by Aidan Brown »

just out of curisity kata which host are you with? and how many visits/pageloads are you getting a month?
kata

Post by kata »

02 Aido,
and how many visits/pageloads are you getting a month?
I dunno, never counted them... icon_scratch
Aidan Brown
Site Admin

Post by Aidan Brown »

Is that o2hosting.com? Running a blog?

We're getting 250000 pageviews a month in 30000 visits and we've transferred approximately 42Gb of data in the month of December alone.
kata

Post by kata »

No,

Its simply 02 home phone and Broadband, also my Blackberry phone as far as I know.

Seems like your being, well Aido I can't remember the term. Its not DOS attack as that would cause major problems just some pain in the butt I tend to think...maybe a web crawler.

This is the only place that I know of:

http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Its where you sign up for what you want, buy what you like.

This may help

http://dnstree.com/com/02hosting/
Aidan Brown
Site Admin

Post by Aidan Brown »

Kata

The o2 web host is for personal webpages that require small amounts of data, small amounts of bandwidth and low processing power.

If we moved to o2 for hosting you'd know about within 2 or 3 days as the website would be completely offline as there would be no resources left and then no-one would be able to access it!
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Dave Brown wrote:
kata wrote:No need,

Its only this forum, any other forum or Internet in general is fine. Its the server at Dave's host now and again thats the problem.

Its fine now. icon_cheers
Kata, either most people don't find what you complain about, a problem to them, or they don't have the same problem. I have had this issue with half a dozen people over the years, where they had a problem, and blamed the site. The only way they were prepared to believe it was not site, was if the site analysed their setup to tell them what was wrong.

We have looked extensively into hosting pro and cons, and most having capping, where you pay a fee, buy some space and processing time, and if you exceed it, you're offline until you pay for more :roll: Our current host gives warnings you are nearing your limits which allows you to stay online. At this point the only hosting that betters what we have, is more than double the price.

If everyone is very unhappy with our current hosting then we will need to upgrade to a much more commercial setup, rather than downgrade to blogs service, but would need to consider how it would be funded.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
Aidan Brown
Site Admin

Post by Aidan Brown »

But at the moment 99.9999% of the time we dont appear to be near our limits. The only times we seem to get near are on odd occasions like you mentioned.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

I'm, on here a lot and don't have a problem with viewing or posting text. I do quite regularly have issues when trying to attach images (yes they are small enough) Overall though no real issues.
kata

Post by kata »

Go back a post or two I said it was now fine,

No idea why apart from Aido who is the technician, people are still chipping in... :(

ITS OK NOW! Next time its a problem i'll let someone else say something and I will log out till some time later and get on with my site..

Thanks Aido!!

In answer to Dave and the hosting; I have an excellent host for my sites, £7.00 a month, all the help thats needed, and even a late payment never puts you offline.

Only once has 02 my BB provider gone down for some hours, then mail does'nt get down loaded so I would'nt even try the Internet, just sit it out.

icon_cheers

:)