Posting Box

Libby

Posting Box

Post by Libby »

Where you type your message, where I typed a load of stuff and placed pics in line etc. Everytime I moved the cursor outside the green box where you type it automatically went to the top of the post!
It turned out to be a real pain as each time I posted a pic, placed it inline then wanted to type some thing, it shot off to the top again.
Is this normal???
tropical-pete

Re: Posting Box

Post by tropical-pete »

Same here Libby - if I'm ever typing a long post, it keeps reverting back to the top once the scroll bar appears within the typing box. A bit annoying but I just carry on typing and then just read over it after :lol:

Pete
Aidan Brown
Site Admin

Post by Aidan Brown »

oh, that is a slighty strange problem, what browser/Operating System are you using?

i've just tested with vista- firefox and IE 7

and it seems fine :o
tropical-pete

Post by tropical-pete »

I'm using IE, I think it's 7 and Windows XP, nothing particularly unusual. Have just tried typing a message and it's still doing it :?

Pete
Libby

Post by Libby »

aidothedado wrote:oh, that is a slighty strange problem, what browser/Operating System are you using?

i've just tested with vista- firefox and IE 7

and it seems fine :o
Huh????????????????? :ahhh!:

I know I'm Windows XP but what the heck is IE and where do I look?? :lol:
tropical-pete

Post by tropical-pete »

Libby - IE is just a lazy way of saying Internet Explorer, so the programme you use for browsing the net (Internet Explorer, Firefox, AOL etc) can sometimes affect the way certain things appear on websites.

Pete
Libby

Post by Libby »

Oh well in that case IE is 7.

and its still happening as I just typed a long personal message and with the amount of spewlling mistakes I make everytime the cursor touched the outside line of the box it shot to the top which was annoying when I was trying to spell check the bottom section!
Guy

Post by Guy »

Doing in on IE 6 as well. Basically when you upload a picture, the screen refreshes and the cursor is magically back at the top of the text box. Perhaps we should just keep our postings succint and to the point :twisted:
Libby

Post by Libby »

:lol: easier said than done!
Aidan Brown
Site Admin

Post by Aidan Brown »

i'm still having some trouble re-creating this which is frustrating as it's obviously happeing :evil: , i'll look into in more detail oce i've finished the registration area which is very nearly complete.

*added to the to do list*

Aidan
Libby

Post by Libby »

Thanks Aido, when your ready!!! :D