General issue

DavidF

General issue

Post by DavidF »

The wierdest thing is happening to me with this site.
If I click on a topic, it just hangs and nothing happens. I got fed up, minimised it and opened another browser to go onto another site. When I maximised the page again, the thread appeared. I read it, clicked the "back" button - it just hanged again.
Minimised/maximised it - worked fine.

So now, every action I do on this site, I have to minimise then maximise the page or it doesn't work!

I don't suppose anyone else is having this too?
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: General issue

Post by Dave Brown »

I'm sorry David, but the site works for most people. Without analysing your version of windows. software revisions, Virus protection and settings, firewall type and settings, browser type and revision, router type and revision, ISP provider, ISP conditions, individual connectivity, DNS server etc. We cannot easily identify an individual connection problem.

Our router at the moment decides to corrupt it's DNS cache for Aidan most of the time, for me occasionally, but continually logs me off the internet only at weekends where as Aidan is not. It is all settings, and is a minefield. We can be side by side sharing the same internet connection and getting totally different problems. :roll: I use google a lot and really get frustrated when I can't get on, but Aido is ok. :ahhh!:

Sorry, but we cannot give you that level of technical support.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Re: General issue

Post by Darren Turner »

Hi Fletch,

Hmmm this does sound a problem at your end rather than a site issue ?
Are you using Internet Explorer ? If so you could try downloading the FireFox Internet Browser, just to see if your problem is the browser your using.

Click Here

You could also try resetting your router(if you have one). Bascially turning it off and on again. I had a problem here where pages were taking ages to load.
I clicked a link or typed a web address and it would take ages to do anything.
I reset the router and was well.

Hope this helps mate.