shweet

Post by shweet »

Hello, my name is Wayne and I am a tropical plant virgin. I know absolutely nothing about growing tropical plants but I suppose we all have to start somewhere. It is the plant known as Amorphophallus titanum that has got me interested and want to know more. Is there anyone that grows this plant in the UK, if so would they be good enough to shed some light.
MikeC

Re: New Member

Post by MikeC »

Hi Wayne,

I recently joined too. I hadn't heard of that plant, wow, what a monster!

Sadly it looks like an indoor/conservatory plant only, here in the UK, being a non-hardy tropical, and there's no way my missus would let that live in the house!

Most here are experts in hardy and semi-hardy tropical looking plants that can be grown outside with or without some protection from frost.

Welcome aboard!

icon_salut
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

hi, shweet.

didnt think i ever meet a gardener that likes the idea of having their garden smell like a corpse :) .
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

:lol: Welcome.........
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
outatime1978

Post by outatime1978 »

:D welcome aboard,you won't be a virgin for long :lol: :lol:
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Greetings Wayne icon_thumleft
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Welcome!
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
flounder

Post by flounder »

hiya wayne. Maybe as a newbie you may want to start off with a dracunculus vulgaris and work up to an amorphophallus titanum, doesn't smell quite as bad either :lol:
Tropical Bob

Post by Tropical Bob »

Welcome virgin Wayne! :D Come summer youll have popped your cherry! icon_cheers
grub

Post by grub »

Hiya Wayne icon_thumright , I don't grow titanum but I do grow lots of other Amorphophallus as there are a few hardy ones icon_cheers
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Hi, Wayne and welcome icon_thumleft

You're not exactly on virgin territory here :lol: Lots of expert advice to be had on everything from Amorphophallus to Zantedeschia.