relatively new member from Redcar, North Yorkshire! :-)

Darlo Mark

Re: relatively new member from Redcar, North Yorkshire! :-)

Post by Darlo Mark »

Get a jubea chilensis, it'll be a good size by the time you cark it Karl! Well Redcar is in Redcar and Cleveland but most teessiders never really accepted the cleveland thing and historically the tees was the boundary for North Yorkshire!
palm lad

Post by palm lad »

any ideas how old that Phoenix canariensis_CIDP would be roughly? just so i have an idea of how big my little one would get to in the years to come if i did plant it in the ground and was protected..

cheers :)

btw i didnt mention before that there was a really nice Phoenix canariensis_CIDP planted in a garden near me which had no protection in recent years but this year all the leaves have gone brown including the crown. it was about 8ft tall and it's probably the only large one in my area. if i had a photo i could post it, but i think it's well and truly dead
billdango

Post by billdango »

welcome to the forum karl .when i was 16 i saw my first palm tree in france ,and thats when i knew i had to start growing them . that was in 1961 . i did not get my first palm till 1975 as they were unobtainible in gdn centers back then . now i am old and full of days i got more palms then i thougt possible .. so the moral of this story is start young and fill your garden with the wonderful variety of palms you can get these days .
all the best ,may the palm be with you . billdango. icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

when i was 16 there was only one type of plant i was interested in . :roll:
wasn't one you could have in your garden neither . :lol:

wished i could have had some palms in since back then.
you are lucky starting so young icon_thumleft
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Welcome.........
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
gabriel

Post by gabriel »

welcome!!
Very good age to start with palms :D,I'm 27 and started to collect them 4 years ago....so both of us have fairly good chance to see some big trees one day.
Good luck! icon_thumleft