My Garden at the moment

kohwoz

My Garden at the moment

Post by kohwoz »

This is the bed a built in 2009

This is it finished with a Trachycarpus Fortunei.
To the right is the olive tree.

And below are some of my seedlings and one small Trachycarpus and 2 Washingtonia Tuffs. I'm not to keen on them planted together so I decided to grow my own from seed, but i think i will buy some bigger palms in a few months time...

mixiepalms

Re: My Garden at the moment

Post by mixiepalms »

love the raised bed, i am trying to find the easiest method of doing one myself at the moment. looks great icon_cheers
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Hi kohwoz, and welcome icon_salut

The raised bed looks good :wink:

How have things fared this winter ?, it was a cold one in Germany also, and how will you protect the Washingtonias when bigger? Mine has struggled this winter :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by kohwoz »

Dave Brown wrote:Hi kohwoz, and welcome icon_salut

The raised bed looks good :wink:

How have things fared this winter ?, it was a cold one in Germany also, and how will you protect the Washingtonias when bigger? Mine has struggled this winter :roll:

Hi Dave and thanks for the welcome. Things have gone well for me although I lost a T Fortunei. The spear pulled straight out of the centre and it rotted out... I bought it from a Baumschule in hamburg and he also lost over 80 percent of his. He got them from somewhere in Italy and had no luck with this order.

I saw your cool video on youtube with your Washingtonia Robusta, did well through the harsh winter...

My girlfriend and i bought some land in november. We are building a new house. The plot of land is huge. At the back we have 300sqm's. Starting to build a green house soon, so this is where the Washingtonia's will be going, especially in the winter. I'm also planning on building some raised vegetable beds.

This photo is where i'll be growing everything

I'll probably be asking you for some advice in the near future :D
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

wow, nice spot.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Lovely area to use as a blank canvas there. I'm sure all the hard work to come will be very rewarding.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

LOVELY raised bed and WHAT a garden....looks like you will have fun planting that! I would make plenty of walk ways. Have FUN! icon_thumleft
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
kohwoz

Post by kohwoz »

Here are my Veggie beds at the moment. Most of the hard work is done at last...
Image]