Hi I am Dorothy from Nottingham

dorothy

Re: Hi I am Dorothy from Nottingham

Post by dorothy »

Bob def don't blame you doing a runner with the koi.Good quality koi are so expensive.I used to buy mainly small koi then grow them on.And even those used to cost around £150.Some turned out great and won a few prizes, but others changed for the worst so I used to sell them on and start again. I was a member of the Nottingham Koi Club and Bernard from Japanese koi often used to be there.The best bargain I ever got was a metallic chagoi which I got from a breeder down South and on a koi club trip.It was only 1" and cost me £1.00. It grew into a cracking koi and won Baby Champion and best Chagoi in The Nottingham Koi Show! I was well chuffed.

On the garden front, potting on some plants this afternoon and had one of the parrots in the conservatory with me.Whilst I was not looking, she climbed down off her stand and started pulling up some of my seedlings!! Went through half a tray before I noticed!! Was not pleased at all
Tropical Bob

Post by Tropical Bob »

That koi was amazing white so pure, only problem was it made all my other koi look rubbish :lol:

Oh thats great that you won baby champion! icon_cheers

Do parrots get jelous!? Maybe it sees the plants as competition for your attention :lol:
philip kitts

Post by philip kitts »

Welcome Dorothy you'll spend hours scouring this forum I know I do .each day you learn a little more .
dorothy

Post by dorothy »

Hi Phil, yep on here every day since I joined.And def learning loads.Still cannot get to grips with all the names.Have to keep googling them. icon_cheers
Tropical Bob

Post by Tropical Bob »

I still do that a year on haha! :lol: I know the ones ive got in my garden now though, but for anything else im .. icon_scratch is that a .. or a.. icon_scratch google images time! icon_cheers