hello from Leeds

kata

Re: hello from Leeds

Post by kata »

Nice tropicals Tropigate,

you have a little of most plants there. Whats the plan...any?

I would like to see that fence somewhat higher away from the street view. Your not growing to the masses :lol: :lol:
dino

Post by dino »

Love the Canna Durbans, at least I'm presuming they are.
kata

Post by kata »

Is'nt it easy to msiname these palms dino?

I think Washi is very similar to Trachi.
dino

Post by dino »

Kata are you on the red wine like I am? :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

I take it you don't agree about similar..

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ha! they all look alike to me. Only two I really know for sure is Trachi and Cycas.

Answer me this then.

My Trachi has brown leaves/fronds and I just saw a beautiful palm green fronds on a Trachi, why are mine not... :( :( :( Its two years old.
Tropigate

Post by Tropigate »

Hi,
Once again- thanks for the comments it's always nice to hear that other people appreciate the fruit of your labours.
There's no major plan really, we like big and bold and as much as possible.
The fence in-between the gardens will be worked on this summer and either raised or planted with bamboo to create some screening hopefully, and your right Kata we probably could go a bit higher with the external fence too!
Even though the garden in summer is lush and full, during winter there's a lot of mud on display which is becoming increasingly more depressing to look at. Can anyone recommend a nice lush evergreen low level ground covering plant that'll cover quickly but not strangle the other plants?
Thanks
Sam
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

I think it looks spot on and you should be pleased..............have you got a back garden too ?.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Tropigate

Post by Tropigate »

[quote="The Codfather"]I think it looks spot on and you should be pleased..............have you got a back garden too ?.[/quote]

Unfortunately not, it's a back to back. We are getting married next year and then hopefully shortly after moving to a big place with of course a MUCH bigger garden...then the fun can REALLY begin!