Greetings from the Emerald Isle !

Seany

Greetings from the Emerald Isle !

Post by Seany »

Just to introduce myself.
My name is Sean and I grow about 500 tropical orchids in a 32ft greenhouse in the middle of the Republic of Ireland. Recently my attention has been on giving my sunroom a "tropical" look as well.
I have a couple of different Alocasia / Colocasia plants and am currently looking for "burgundy stem". If anyone has an offset or can point me in the right direction, it would be most appreciated.
Looking forward to my time on the forum :-)
Regards
Sean
pdid

Re: Greetings from the Emerald Isle !

Post by pdid »

Welcome Seany, get some pics up!

As far as Burgundy Stem, if your after the true Burgundy stem then HTUK owner Dave Brown is the man. He will be selling from spring next year but may have sold this years allotment already. Check his section in the Buy, Swap or Barter section.
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Welcome....
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Hi Sean :D , and welcome to the forum icon_salut

I have a limited number of Burgundy Stem on the go, which have all been accounted for, but there may be some more later in the spring.

Fieldfest, in discussions on the forum i thought Himalayan Gardens actually supplied Xanthasoma violaceum, not Burgundy Stem.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by fieldfest »

Dave Brown wrote:Hi Sean :D , and welcome to the forum icon_salut

I have a limited number of Burgundy Stem on the go, which have all been accounted for, but there may be some more later in the spring.

Fieldfest, in discussions on the forum i thought Himalayan Gardens actually supplied Xanthasoma violaceum, not Burgundy Stem.
they sent the Xanthasoma violaceum by accident and let me keep them (largest currently 4ft tall) and sent me a couple of burgundy stems free of charge which do look like the real deal, velvety leafs, burgundy coloured stem. ill post a pic if you want to see
Addictedtopalms26

Post by Addictedtopalms26 »

Welcome! :D

Orchids can be very difficult to grow, so I highly respect you for being able to make a crop of them. Do you sell them onto garden centres or for pleasure?
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Welcome aboard Sean

;)
grub

Post by grub »

Welcome to the nuthouse Sean icon_geek icon_cyclops_ani
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Welcome to HTUK Sean icon_thumleft
kata

Post by kata »

Welcome Sean!

icon_cheers
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Hello and welcome to the forum Sean :D
Seany

Post by Seany »

@ Addictedtopalms26: I grow the orchids purely for pleasure. I couldn't bear to part with any of them :)

@ Dave Brown: I used to be a Kent man myself. I lived in Dartford for many years 1988-99. Wife brought me to the Emerald Isle. The things you do for Love, eh?. If you could add me to your waiting list for the true "Burgundy Stem ", it would be most appreciated.
Kind regards
Sean
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

burg.jpg
found a picture, here is the himilayan gardens burgundy stem taken when it was delivered (£3) i think it costs

im pretty sure it hasnt got wrinkly leaves, this leaf had been in the post!
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Welcome Seany icon_cheers

So, a lover of your good lady AND orchids - you must be a lovely man icon_thumleft Hopefully, I am from the same ilk as I bought my lovely lady a cymbidium nearly thirty years ago as part of a build-up to pop the question. To this day, I'm happily married and a happy grower of orchids :D