Hello all

Zephyr

Hello all

Post by Zephyr »

Hi, my names Joe. I live and work in the Wadhurst area of East Sussex and have been working as a full time gardener for nearly 5 years and for the last year or so I have been gardening 'exotically'.

I'm incredibly lucky enough to have a large piece of garden at work that I am allowed to go mad with and have created a jungley/lush garden.Its still a young garden, last year was its first full season and I learnt a lot from it, hoping to work on what I learnt and get it better this year.

The recent warmer weather and the opportunity to get out into the garden has inspired me to get online and communicate with others doing the same thing as me, so hello!
Trudytropics

Re: Hello all

Post by Trudytropics »

Hello Joe, a warm welcome to you :D . You are amongst like minded people on here, you will learn and also contribute as you have lots of experience. Would love to see some pictures when you have time, enjoy the forum :D
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Hi Joe, welcome to HTUK.

;)
Zephyr

Post by Zephyr »

Thanks for the welcomes.

Only got a few piccies online so those will do for the moment, all taken August 2011.

I've been quite heavily influenced by the Exotic Garden at Great Dixter which is quite near me.
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Oh lovely Joe, i feel all warm now, the sun shining on the leaves in 2nd picture makes me long for summer :lol:
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Very jungley, just my cup of tea!

:DD
kata

Post by kata »

Welcome Joe

icon_cheers icon_cheers
grub

Post by grub »

Hiya Joe icon_thumleft
Zephyr

Post by Zephyr »

Jungley was the plan, glad it turned out well given my inexperience with such plants. Does rather make me long for the summer!
Last edited by Zephyr on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

Welcome to the mad house Zephyr. Great looking garden there. And a relief to see those pics. When you said `for the last year or so I have been gardening 'exotically'. i did wonder if you meant something else. :lol: Sorry, probably my warped mind and also the way you worded it, but i had visions of a guy wandering around his garden naked!!
kata

Post by kata »

:lol: :lol:
Sorry, probably my warped mind
icon_cheers icon_cheers
Zephyr

Post by Zephyr »

Haha that would raise a few eyebrows! Would be fine till I backed into a yucca...
Last edited by Zephyr on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acphm

Post by acphm »

Welcome Zephyr!!!!
dino

Post by dino »

Welcome Zephyr, did your dad own a Ford by any chance? :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: