Howdy from Norway! :)

Viking

Howdy from Norway! :)

Post by Viking »

Maybe the most northern member? :D I'm quite a bit of an experiment guy, therefore i have A LOT of exotic plants from all over the world. A seed junky i might be; recently ordered seeds worth £140 !! Everything from Giant Bamboo's, ferns, palms, canna lilly's to ornamental grasses and yucca's... A little bit on "my" climate situation; i live in southwestern Norway and thereby avoid the lowest temp's.... From our weather statistics (http://www.yr.no) my location has a annual miniumum of -7,6 degrees, and a maxium of +25,7 degrees. Avarage temp's in july and august is 15- 16 degrees. If we're "lucky" we see maybe 6-7 days a year with snow, and for the rest we got a 50/50 mix of sun and rain...
Right now i have -outside- in my southwest faced house wall bedding: 1 trach. fortunei, 1 magnolia, 2 canna lilly's, 1 silk oak, 1 bottlebrush shrub, 1 agapanthus, and 1 eucalyptus tree, all of them plantes this very spring as i just recently got "into" exotics.... And what a thrill it is! ;)
kata

Re: Howdy from Norway! :)

Post by kata »

Welcome to HT Viking,

Pics would be great to see.

I have a bigish and a small Trachi, small Cannas (2) Agapanthus (3) just in bud.

icon_cheers icon_cheers
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Hi Viking, welcome aboard. Please feel free to pillage as much information as you can carry :D

You may not be the most Northerly member, we have Henrik from Vaerk and dk who is also from Southwest Norway who is creating an exotically planted island there.

Nice to meet you and look forward to hearing about your successes.
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Welcome Viking, enjoy the forum :D
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

Hi, Viking, or in the words of the Muppet's flurdy yerrdy gurdy. :lol: Your weather sounds remarkably like ours this year, only we are getting about 90% days of rain this year. Good luck can we have some pics when you have time. icon_thumright
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Welcome.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !