A bargain was to be had!

multim

A bargain was to be had!

Post by multim »

In 2009, I was looking around for a good sized Yucca Rostrata, around the 1.8 - 2 m mark. As we all know, these are slow growing and as a result, jolly expensive too.
I came across two at a 'general' Garden Centre. Both of which had flowered probably two years in the past and they were not looking very well at all having been watered daily with the other shrubs- (we must forgive them for they know not what they do!) The label had long since perished, so I asked the question and braced myself for the reply.
The answer was ''Would £70 be okay''? Oh yes indeed!

Upon delivery, a suitable planting hole was dug and partially back-filled with grit to the correct depth for planting. The base of the planter was removed and the Yucca carefully lowered into position where the side of the planter was then removed. The rest of the growing medium was then added and the plant staked.
That was three Winters and two mediocre Summers ago, but it likes it here. South facing wall and well drained soil makes for a happy plant. I do give overhead cover the crown in Winter but the rest of the plant is exposed.
Upon delivery
Upon delivery
Attachments
3 Years on......
3 Years on......
Last edited by multim on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
flounder

Re: A bargain to be had!

Post by flounder »

Wow, never seen a sky dish so low to the ground! :D
nice yucca by the way :wink:
kata

Post by kata »

Thats an awesome Yucca multim

Yea Flounder thats a point about the dish. Iguess as long as its picking up the signal its ok, less elements to bother it lower down. Yesterday mine was caught in the floods from other areas which pixalated my picture.

icon_cheers
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Wow, it does'e like where you planted it multim, its a beaut and a great price, well done icon_thumleft
multim

Post by multim »

Glad you like the position of the sat dish - and the yucca. It matters not whether a sat dish is at ground level or 100 feet up, the signal remains the same plus, no issues of flooding here!
P.S. The yucca does prefer to be at ground level with its head in the sun!