Hi, I'm new here!

jude

Hi, I'm new here!

Post by jude »

Hello everyone. I've just joined today. I live in Kent and my garden is long, narrow and very exposed at the front, with a more sheltered patch at the back. I love exotics, all those beautiful big leaves, and my biggest passion is ferns. I'm particularly fond of xeric ferns and am developing a collection, hopefully for Plant Heritage. I'm a retired gardener, which means I do it for love now instead of love and a pittance. I also have lots of plants indoors - currently in my living room I have 71 ferns, and assorted begonias, peperomias, some succulents and others. No, it's not a big room!

I'm looking forward to exploring this lovely site.
cordyman

Re: Hi, I'm new here!

Post by cordyman »

71 ferns :shock: :shock: :shock: Some pics would be great!

Welcome icon_sunny
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

HI, Welcome. Do you have any Tree ferns in your collection? Do you propagate your own ferns from spores?
kata

Post by kata »

Welcome Jude,
very exposed at the front
You have my sympathy Jude, my drive is several feet long to the small lawn strip and I get all the elements rushing to the front door.

Plants don't stand a chance, only my old Acer laughs at what the weather throws at it.
P1010170.JPG
Nice you joined us.

icon_sunny
grub

Post by grub »

Welcome to the asylum Jude icon_thumleft (please note I resisted 'hey Jude' :lol: )
flounder

Post by flounder »

A welcome from next county over
grub wrote: (please note I resisted 'hey Jude' )
dammit beat me again :roll:
call

Post by call »

welcome to htuk jude icon_cheers
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Hey, Jude. Don't be afraid. Take this sad palm and make it better. I'm sure your years of experience would make that happen. icon_thumright

Welcome to the forum and please accept profound apologies for my complete lack of self-control which I'm sure Grub and Flounder have in abundance. :mrgreen:
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

Welcome Jude. Dont give em an inch or they'll take a mile one here. icon_thumright
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Hi Jude and welcome icon_salut
jude wrote:currently in my living room I have 71 ferns, and assorted begonias, peperomias, some succulents and others. No, it's not a big room!
perhaps you should rename it... your lifern room :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright