Need some ideas on border depth

fern Rob

Re: Need some ideas on border depth

Post by fern Rob »

samtobuk wrote:Thanks Jas. Have to say I don't keep real tabs on minimums in the garden, but we certainly do get some harder frosts up on the hill here (judging from the times I de-ice the car but don't see everyone else doing the same on the way to work!). Nothing really below -5 degrees I would say really though, expect in the really harsh days in a harsh winter.

I'm still pondering on how to work the borders. On the none side I'd like to leave the trellis I have with Trachylosperumum jasminoides, as have been trying to get one through the winter for a couple of years, and it is the best sun trap as that spot gets the sun the longest (to put the hammock in!). That though would leave me with two deep almost round, short borders to each side and I'm not sure if I really need one long continuous area to really get some big leaves going and create the effect.

The left side of the garden I can do one long border, but this is the shadier side so will be better suited to the tree ferns and some others that like partial sun.

Still, at least I have a nice problem of having a reasonable space to play with. icon_geek
Tree fern boarder sounds like a good idea.
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

Rob you really are a one trick poney. :lol: :lol: :lol: icon_thumright
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

jungle jas wrote:Rob you really are a one trick poney. :lol: :lol: :lol: icon_thumright
I sure like tree ferns :lol: