Thanks for accepting me.

Nigesmif

Thanks for accepting me.

Post by Nigesmif »

Hi everyone, thanks for accepting me to this group. I am new to growing Tropicals. I have grown 5 ensete ventricosum from seed this year and they are doing well. They are now in my heated greenhouse. I have planted a few other tropical looking plants this year and next year will be increasing my planting dramatically. Looking forward to learning from you all.
Nige
GREVILLEAJ

Thanks for accepting me.

Post by GREVILLEAJ »

Welcome to HTUK, Nige icon_cheers

For someone new to exotics it seems you are already a success story. Ensete ventricosum are notoriously difficult to start from seed and many members in ťhe past have only got a plant from repeated sowing attemprs, me included!

My one plant came up by accident in the greenhouse soil bed after throwing away in there a potful of planted seed and compost that appeared to have zero success after six months of waiting. One plant came up a year later!!!
Chez2

Thanks for accepting me.

Post by Chez2 »

Hello Nige. Its a bit quiet this time of year.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Thanks for accepting me.

Post by Dave Brown »

Welcome Nige

Been a bit frantically busy for me, of late. Building work running late. now my daughter has bought a flat, so will be helping to decorate that, then move her in. The way things are going doesn't look like I'll get much garden time in 2020 either.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Thanks for accepting me.

Post by chainsaw kid »

Happy New year Nige, and every one else as well. drunken_smilie1

Don't worry Nige they will have any one on here, I've been here for years :wink: icon_thumright

Dave it's about time you taught your kids about independence, give the daughter a paint brush and tell her to get stuck in her self. icon_cheers

Sorry I started early on the sherry. icon_thumright
Don't Just sit there, plant something!

The Kid.