Welcome to new members

Chalk Brow

Re: Welcome to new members

Post by Chalk Brow »

Hi JohnH and welcome from a fellow retiree ~ look forward to seeing what you plan with your garden.
lee-ann

Post by lee-ann »

Welcome to all the recent new members icon_cheers Still feelin lonely up here :(
bev

Post by bev »

welcome john h, glad to see your getting you roots down icon_thumright
cheers

lee
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Welcome to HTUK JohnH! :D

I see you are in Wiltshire, we have a few members in this neck of the woods, (the Wiltshire border is less than 16 miles from me)

Have fun making your new garden! Do you have a very large area to play with? ...Just remember to invest in a good Trenching Spade!

Cathy.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Hi JohnH, and welcome icon_salut

If you're putting your roots down, try some palmbooster, it works wonders for roots :lol: Hopefully you'll get lots of ideas from here :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Nick »

John welcome to our marry little band of gardeners icon_cheers

icon_sunny icon_sunny
JohnH

Post by JohnH »

Thank you very much for the warm welcome Gentlemen and Lady.

Dave - yes I suspect i will need to boost my palms once i get started as well as myself. Its a rather strange feeling to be back living in the UK after so many years abroad.
bobbyd44

Post by bobbyd44 »

big hi to every one icon_cheers
MonkeyDavid

Post by MonkeyDavid »

Hello everyone, my first real post, been into tropicals for around 3 years now. Was into regular stuff originally but bit by bit tropicals crept up on me, started with cordylines, then trachys....tree ferns... bananas...more palms...yuccas...agaves...more palms..only problem is-they're all in pots for the moment (a pain in dry weather with all the watering that they need!!!) as when they was bought over the last 2 years we knew we were looking for a house to buy together. Now we have the house the only problem is the garden needs a complete makeover which looks like it will take a year to do as i also have to work on the house as well.
Looking at some of the garden pics on here i know it will be worth the effort in the end though.
This is a great & informative site, nice to see how things behave in the real world, not just what books or plant tags tell you
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Hi MD, and welcome icon_salut

so into tropicals by stealth then :lol: It does get you that way. Glad you like the site, and hopefully you'll get some good tips. Telford I see, so not far from our Agave expert Paul h. I know some of that area as I used to do training courses at Haughton Hall in Shifnal. :wink:

Don't forget to take some pics of your garden before you start, as the before and after pics are always amazing to see, and it is so easy to forget just how much of a transformation you make over time. :D
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Chalk Brow »

Welcome MD!
Nick

Post by Nick »

Welcome John H, I thought I was the only one from this dessert of non Tropical Growers, your only 12 miles from me in Amesbury icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers Glad you joined us here.

icon_sunny icon_sunny
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Hi MD and welcome!
We seem to have shortened your user name already! If yyou prefer, you could add your name to your signature.
Dave is dead right when he says to take 'before' pictures. You will be so glad in future. We like to see 'befores' then progress pic's as you go along.
You will have lots of praise and encouragement from people who are as enthusiastic as you are. - Unlike the sometimes 'eyes glazed over' expressions from friends & family! :roll:
Cathy :D
eyefi

Post by eyefi »

eyup everyone,

i'm a bloke in west yorkshire and just setting up a "tropical" garden for the first time. the garden is a year old and has a long way to go yet. growing lots of stuff from seed and buying in the odd big thing.

looking forward to reading through the board.

laters.
Birmingham Chris

Post by Birmingham Chris »

eyup Eyefi, me lad. Welcome to the most diverting (read into that what you will!) forum you'll find and have fun!