Welcome to new members

Nick

Re: Welcome to new members

Post by Nick »

Hi Jason, love the garden and what looks like a rock stepped slope, it looks good already son, how come it took so long to find us here, keep the photo's coming, we like looking at every ones photo's of there plants and gardens, again Welcome, do you have any soft lighting in the evenings there, as it looks like a wonderful place for a bottle or two on a warm summers eve drunken_smilie1

Nick icon_sunny icon_sunny
firesi

Post by firesi »

Hi All,
just popped in to say hello.

I'm in Manchester and have been working at getting a tropical looking garden for a good while I'll post some photos soon, and look forward to getting some advice.

Si
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Hi firesi, and wlecome to the forum. icon_salut

We have a Topic open on garden pics at the moment, I'll keep an eye open for your post :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Karl Boyles »

Hello everyone,

I've had enough of only reading and am going to start posting from now on.
This seems to be a friendly forum with a lot of knowledgeable people. Definatley the most easy going forum I've come across. I do recognise a few names from UK Oasis too.

Enjoy the sunshine,

Karl
Nick

Post by Nick »

Hello Firesi and Karl Boyles, welcome aboard, we are glad you come in from the cold and dark, your here this a lot on here, we like to look at folks photo's of there gardens and plants that your growing, icon_cheers icon_cheers again welcome to the forum.

icon_sunny icon_sunny
CannaLover

Post by CannaLover »

Hi all!

Just made my first post.. so better stick it in here first with my info..

Hi, I'm new to this forum.. but have been interested in tropicals for a long time, I've come over here as I was recommended here by my friend Will Giles as I give him a hand in the garden a couple of hours a day (I live pretty much next door!) when I have the time..

Hope all is well with you guys, I have a small garden with exotics.. but it's busting at the seems at the moment and need a garden bigger than the matchbox I already have!
bev

Post by bev »

welcome karl and canna lover icon_thumleft

canna lover, you've a part-time job there that most of us would dream of!
look forward to seeing some pics.

cheers

lee
CannaLover

Post by CannaLover »

bev wrote:welcome karl and canna lover icon_thumleft

canna lover, you've a part-time job there that most of us would dream of!
look forward to seeing some pics.

cheers

lee
Thanks!

Yes, I'm pretty lucky to be helping out there, my brain does tend to almost pop by the end of the day due to being quizzed/tested on the latin names of everything I pass.. water.. move.. dig up... feed...water.... I love it. The only downside is that only one person can sit on my patio. It did seat 4, now 1 person (just) and various pots of exotics.. helping out will is a sure fire way of filling a garden before you know it!

I will sort out some photo's when I can, I don't have much to show in regards to my own space, as i'm moving in the not to distant future, so all in pots!
Nick

Post by Nick »

Welcome CannaLover, it sounds great, lets see some of those pic's when you get a mow, and welcome to the forum
icon_sunny icon_sunny
AndrewBird

Post by AndrewBird »

welcome on board to the new people. just ask any questions and the helpful people of HTUK will answer them all icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers

everyone is sooooooooo frendly too :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
manuvericel

Post by manuvericel »

Hello Everybody,

My name is Manu, I've been growing exotics for 10 years near Lyon, France.

I love palms, they are my real passion even if it is a challenge at my zone 8a location.

MANU
http://gardenbreizh.org/photos/manuveri ... 10815.html
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Welcome Manu, I think I've seen you post in GOTE or the palm society (can't remember which).

Enjoy anyway :)
AndrewBird

Post by AndrewBird »

Hi Manu, you have moved to the better forum well done icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
Nick

Post by Nick »

Welcome to all new bee's on the block icon_cheers

icon_sunny
bev

Post by bev »

welcome manu, great pics. love that washingtonia filifera, so healthy. icon_thumleft

cheers

lee