Hello Hardy Tropicals

Nick

Re: Hello Hardy Tropicals

Post by Nick »

Lee it looks good, it will look fab after a few years when your plants grow a bit.

icon_sunny icon_sunny
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Plenty of hard work has gone into that Lee, well done!

I am quite envious of your big cordyline. They are not long term hardy prospects up around here, but I would love to have a big old one in my garden.
leewatson1980

Post by leewatson1980 »

I was a bit slow there grub, Im often telling people the same thing, and about the sane thing, its my wife i worry about more than me :lol:

cheers Nick, i hope so.

My cordyline played a big roll in my buying the house, it was almost a selling point, two very similar houses.
mcdermottc

Post by mcdermottc »

leewatson1980 wrote:couple of pics, although i've put in much more since these pics were taken, ill upload take some more snaps when the weather gets better.
Hi Lee that garden looks great. Out of interest did you need to get planning permisson for the pergola attached to your house - with it having a roof on - i fancy doing something similira

thanks

chris
leewatson1980

Post by leewatson1980 »

Hi Lee that garden looks great. Out of interest did you need to get planning permisson for the pergola attached to your house - with it having a roof on - i fancy doing something similira

thanks

chris[/quote]

Thanks Chris, I didn't get planning permission but i was told by a few people round our way who have similar for smoking shelters that you don't need it, i would say though, if your going to spend some money on yours I would seek further advice, i've only spent about £200 on the shelter so not a lot to loose if I'm told to pull it down.

Lee
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Hi Lee, a bit late, but you garden is looking great icon_thumright

Is all that work this year, if so you have done very well
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by mcdermottc »

leewatson1980 wrote:Hi Lee that garden looks great. Out of interest did you need to get planning permisson for the pergola attached to your house - with it having a roof on - i fancy doing something similira

thanks

chris
Thanks Chris, I didn't get planning permission but i was told by a few people round our way who have similar for smoking shelters that you don't need it, i would say though, if your going to spend some money on yours I would seek further advice, i've only spent about £200 on the shelter so not a lot to loose if I'm told to pull it down.

Lee[/quote]
Nick

Post by Nick »

It would be classed as a temporary structure there fore not needing any planing permission surely :?: :?:

icon_sunny icon_sunny
mcdermottc

Post by mcdermottc »

oops just seen my reply didnt work correctly - thats what you get for using an iphone !

Lee I made an enquiry and I found out that it doesnt require planning permission as long as it doesnt break into the house roof and is less than 600cm high.

need to pursade the wife now lol

chris
leewatson1980

Post by leewatson1980 »

Thanks Dave and yes, I've managed to put it all together in about 4 months, I've shocked myself, I do however have a lot of free time being self employed and spending all them years at my dads just dreaming about the possibilities and ideas, well, as soon as the wife was satisfied with the house she let me loose and i haven't stopped since, I'm just in the process of putting up a shed/tarzan style hut, i'll put up some construction pics soon.

cheers Nick and Chris, put my mind at rest, i know its there to stay now.

Lee