Hello from the cold North East of England

The Codfather

Re: Hello from the cold North East of England

Post by The Codfather »

it looks like what I have just bought ! icon_scratch
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
RogerBacardy

Post by RogerBacardy »

To most people, Washingtonia Robustas, Trachycarpus Fortunei & Chamaerope Humuilis will look very similar when they are young, almost indistinguishable.

But to the people here they will totally different! Washys will have tiny white threads on the ends of the leaves, Chammies will have spiky petioles. Trachys will have furry trunks.

If you want a 100% certain ID on your plants, as mislabelling does happen, take and share some close up pics of your new acquisitions.

I've seen lots of palms mislabelled at garden centres, even really large specimens!
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

I think its deffo a Trachycarpus and it has a hairy trunk.................Darlo Dave get yourself round for a cuppa, ID my plants and bring me some of your off springs lol :lol:
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Darlo Mark

Post by Darlo Mark »

Darlo Dave I will take that as a compliment :lol:
I hope you mean Darlo Mark!
get the kettle on and I'll id them for you!
PM me your address if you want.
Darlo Mark

Post by Darlo Mark »

not sure what my springs are icon_scratch :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

Roger,

Is that your house?

!!Yikes!! what a belter..house.

Nice specimen palm.

icon_cheers icon_cheers
RogerBacardy

Post by RogerBacardy »

Kata, I wish! Not my house, just did a search for Chamaerops Humilis and that one came up. What a beauty!

I live in an ugly looking, extended ex-council semi which we bought a few years ago, at the peak of the market!

House is uggers but the gardens are starting to look great! :)
kata

Post by kata »

Nice. I love to think about winning Euro millions and buying that apartment I really want in Tenerife.

The sea is there as you exit your gate. I love the sound of waves lashing the sea stones, and white water drives me wild :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Roger, council homes can be nice. Roomy and good size gardens. My parents lived in a four bed council, they must have bought that fifty time over the rent they paid. A medium garden to the front, a long garden to the back, plus side gardens.

I live in a council bungalow but can't see the front garden only the wall of garages...had I had somewhere to sit when viewing it then I never would have taken it. I am out of here at the first opportunity.

My garden means everything to me.

But I do love that image of both the house and palm.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: