Sarah from Southampton

Sarah79

Sarah from Southampton

Post by Sarah79 »

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am 31 and live in Botley, Southampton. I have just finished renovating my house and have a brand new garden to fill with tropical plants. icon_thumleft I started researching what to put in my garden last summer and it didn't take long before I was completely addicted. I visited architectural plants in Chichester on New Years Eve and came back with 4 very large plants which are currently filling my study. My other half had to drag me away as I was eyeing up a 12 foot Jelly Palm! Roll on spring!
flounder

Re: Sarah from Southampton

Post by flounder »

hi sarah and welcome. Friendly lot here always willing to help, enjoy icon_fish
countrylover

Post by countrylover »

Hi Sarah from familiar part of the world icon_salut
grub

Post by grub »

Welcome aboard Sarah icon_thumright
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Hi Sarah and welcome icon_salut

It can be very addictive, and expensive into the bargain. If your garden is empty you may need a couple of larger plants, but I would go more for the fast growing fillers to give the summer jungly appearance without costing the earth. Musa basjoo, Ensete, TRex etc are good fast growers as fillers :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Tropical Bob »

Welcome Sarah :D You sound the same as me! Ive just spent 2 years re-doing a new house and started on the back garden, got addicted to huge leaves, tree ferns and palms and never looked back, now my tiny conservatory is full of overwintering bananas and a spare room is a temporary grow room! haha! :lol: Good luck with your garden! :D
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Hi Sarah and welcome to the forum. I can guarantee you that you will get some expert advice here from forum members, a lot of them have a lot of knowledge and experience with tropicals, me on the other hand am on the steep learning curve and its brilliant. :D
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

hi sarah, are you a saints fan aswell? if so you will get on great with Ade,hes in southampton too
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Welcome!! Sounds like you gave the bug....and one of the best locations to create a tropical oasis!
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
kata

Post by kata »

Welcome Sarah,
My other half had to drag me away as I was eyeing up a 12 foot Jelly Palm! Roll on spring!
Thats the Butia........I think. One I wish I could have but verrrrry pricey.

:mrgreen:
Nick

Post by Nick »

Hi Sarah, welcome to our little family of Tropical Lovers, have you just started or have you been in this game for some time :?: :?: :lol:
Hi Kata, glad to see you back. :lol: :lol:

icon_sunny icon_sunny
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

can you blame her....
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Nick

Post by Nick »

"The Codfather"]can you blame her....[/quote]

WHO :?: :?:
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

for being a little quite the amount of stick she has had.....anyway....welome Sarah.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
JungleNuts

Post by JungleNuts »

Hello and welcome .... best sew up them pockets before the inevitable bug takes hold ;-)

R