Cycad indoors

Sat

Cycad indoors

Post by Sat »

This cycad indoor has been green all winter and up till now, but leaves turning yellow now? Is it sun scorch?

Could I plant this out in shade area now?
Attachments
photo.jpg
The Codfather

Re: Cycad indoors

Post by The Codfather »

this happens I belive......then a new flush should follow....it should be fine outside....but again you could acclimatise it.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
dino

Post by dino »

It's generally the outer leaves that go brown before a new flush.
hard to tell with yours as only looks like one is yellow. Aside from that looks perfectly healthy and might as well be outside enjoying the sun. I water but still sparingly at this time of year.
theitom

Post by theitom »

Oooh, not to betray my ignorance, but I have one of these and never knew what it was! Thank you (and wish I could help answer your question in return!).
Nigel Fear

Post by Nigel Fear »

I'd put it out in dappled shade at first, then gradually allow it to have a bit of sun on it, whereas as soon as it looks like a new flush is begining, give it the full on sun treatment from the word go. You can remove the older brown discoloured bits then.
kata

Post by kata »

I'm trying tea

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Simba

Post by Simba »

kata wrote:I'm trying tea
Joking aside, I do give mine some luke warm black coffee.. :roll:
kata

Post by kata »

An old lady I used to look after she used tea on African violets for 30 years,

Two t-bags in warm water ready to go. Just having the nerve to feed it to my only palm.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: