My New Red Nana + Cycad good priced

davidjonesUK

My New Red Nana + Cycad good priced

Post by davidjonesUK »

hi i went to a local garden centre and i got my red nana for £11.99 and my Cycad for only £14.59 as i recall:
Attachments
DSCF0594 (Copy).JPG
DSCF0600 (Copy).JPG
DSCF0592 (Copy).JPG
DSCF0593 (Copy).JPG
redsquirrel

Re: My New Red Nana + Cycad good priced

Post by redsquirrel »

proper job Dave,good healthy plants too
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
mixiepalms

Post by mixiepalms »

great price for the cycad dave. The nana looks healthy. congrats. That will make one big plant this year.

Mix
davidjonesUK

Post by davidjonesUK »

cheers guys, i feel allot better now :) icon_thumright
mouse

Post by mouse »

a pair of lovely well priced plants there mate icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
kata

Post by kata »

Enjoy,

They look good.

icon_cheers
davidjonesUK

Post by davidjonesUK »

i will kata i had a red nana last year winter killed it off it was twice size of that one but i dont mind this time as there fast growers so it will go passed it and i will dig it u this year and brig it in :)
kata

Post by kata »

You have to do things to the nana after the summer,

You have to dry it out, remove the water. I believe from memory they trim down the leaves. then they store them. Least Jim did in his attic.

Anyway read this thread Dave:
http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/v ... lit=ensete

I also opened a thread called Ensete. Mine is in a Tom pot in the hallway where its windfree, warm, and gets sunlight filtering in. its only a new seedling this week, not at all like yours.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

The Cycad is a definite bargain but I'm not so sure about the Nana.

I bought some from ebay a while back for a fiver (Ste got some too), they were about 9" tall. I repotted them and stuck them on the windowsill and they are now almost 3ft. Thelast leaf to be pushed out measures 15".

2 doses of Miracle Gro and a constant supply of water is the only attention they've needed. They'll be going outside tomorrow when I plant up my 2 troughs.

;)
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Yeah must agree with gogglebox on that one. Excellent price on the cycas. I got the same size red maurelli this year though from reed nursery on ebay for 6.99 but either way they are both very healthy plants david. Well done. :)
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

GoggleboxUK wrote:The Cycad is a definite bargain but I'm not so sure about the Nana.

I bought some from ebay a while back for a fiver (Ste got some too), they were about 9" tall. I repotted them and stuck them on the windowsill and they are now almost 3ft. Thelast leaf to be pushed out measures 15".

2 doses of Miracle Gro and a constant supply of water is the only attention they've needed. They'll be going outside tomorrow when I plant up my 2 troughs.

;)

Acclimatize it first gogglebox as the sun will scorch all that growth from indoors with it being tender and weak. :)
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Thanks Tom, I've put them in my large trough right up against the fence. They'll only get direct sun for a couple of hours each day there.

Added to this there's no chance of any real sun for the next week apart from some sunny intervals on Thursday so they should be ok.

They've been on my sunniest south facing windowsill since I bought them and the growth feels thicker and stronge than on my basjoos. Perhaps a bit of cooler breeze and rain will harden them off before the sun comes back in any strength.