Hello from Norfolk

Rachelpalm

Hello from Norfolk

Post by Rachelpalm »

Hello Everyone
I have just joined and I love palms and anything that looks Tropical. I have had Palms and Cordylines in my garden for at least 9 years now. Palms excite me and my garden is now looking pretty good after totally redoing it over the years. I have a huge Cordyline out front which partly pegged it during last winter but luckily is now growing again after cutting down one trunk. I have many phormiums out front too and a 9 year old Trachycarpus Fortuneii and fatsia japonica which I think look so tropical.

Out back I have loads of fatsia japonica's and black phormiums and another Trachycarpus Fortuneii and ferns and grasses and I have just bought a beautiful Waggy palm. I had a purple Cordyline that was about 6 foot tall which died last winter and a green Cordyline which also pegged it, but it is now regrowing from the ground which is great. The new shoot is now about 10 inches tall. I also have a large chamaerops humilis which is doing well. I have shingled parts of my garden and slated parts over the years.

I am going to buy a couple more large palms for my back garden in the next week or two. I love gardening and it will be great to chat with other people who love gardening and palms as much as me. Nice to meet you all

Rachel
GoggleboxUK

Re: Hello from Norfolk

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Hi Rachel and welcome to the forum.

I'll look forward to seeing pics of your garden and chatting along with you, you're in good company here as we're all a bit tropical in the head!

:DD
grub

Post by grub »

Hi Rachel, welcome aboard icon_cheers . Get some piccies up 'cause we're all a bit nosey, especially Simba :lol:
Last edited by grub on Tue May 17, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simba

Post by Simba »

Welcome aboard Rachel, always good to have another East Anglian in the ranks... icon_thumleft

Your garden sounds exotic and mature, you'll have to get some piccies up soon as poss... :D
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Hi Rachel, and welcome icon_salut

Another member fortunate to live near Amulree, Urban Jungle and Will Giles. :mrgreen:

Sounds like you had similar temps to me. :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Rachelpalm »

Hello
thanks for all your replies
I went to Amulree Sat just gone and bought my Waggy there. I love it there , lol. My garden is not as nice as the photos already on here but I will take a load of pics and add them soon. I only redone the front border 1 year and 9 months ago and the back garden borders( right and left) last June, so the plants are still small in them. I want to buy another Cordyline for back garden and a banana or two( never had a banana before) as my garden looks empty compared to pics on here. Got some great ideas from the beautiful photos on here. My garden has a long way to go but I will enjoy doing it.

Thanks
grub

Post by grub »

Treat yourself to a T- rex Rachel, they're quite a quick filler :wink: http://gardenjot.com/garden/photo/1/149 ... le-Hideout.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

grub wrote:Treat yourself to a T- rex Rachel, they're quite a quick filler :wink:

About an acre a year :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Rachelpalm »

Hello
that plant is amazing. Never seen anything like it before, wow.
grub

Post by grub »

Dave Brown wrote:
grub wrote:Treat yourself to a T- rex Rachel, they're quite a quick filler :wink:

About an acre a year :lol:
Well I did say last year I thought it would escape the raised bed Dave :shock: , proud to report...it has, about 12 times :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

Welcome Rachel,

Pics, pics please :lol: :lol:

Yoweeeeeeeeeeeee grub... :ahhh!:
Juggles

Post by Juggles »

Hello Rachel,

Welcome to Hardy Tropicals, I from Norfolk too and have had so much help and advice from everyone on here. Everyone is very friendly. Ive asked some silly questions in the past, but everyone has put me right.

Welcome

Juggles
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Welcome icon_salut
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Welcome....would love to see some pics.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

bring it on icon_thumright icon_thumright
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure