Re: absolute scorcher !

Post by kata »

Blooming ek, 24C now

Do you think we have had the last frost now...HAHAHAAHA

icon_cheers icon_cheers
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Bloody helllllllllllllll brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, 5C outside and 6C inside the house.
Never felt so cold.
No end in sight either, you guys enjoy it whilst you have it.
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Nigel wrote:Bloody helllllllllllllll brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, 5C outside and 6C inside the house.
Never felt so cold.
Brrr at that inside house temperature.

So why don't the Brazilians go for insulation in their houses then? Is it just to keep the cost of the houses down?
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Adam D wrote:
Nigel wrote:Bloody helllllllllllllll brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, 5C outside and 6C inside the house.
Never felt so cold.
Brrr at that inside house temperature.

So why don't the Brazilians go for insulation in their houses then? Is it just to keep the cost of the houses down?
Adam, the cost of construction is so much higher that for 2 or 3 weeks a year of cold they prefer to suffer a little bit. This year its been much colder and more prolonged than normal.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

We must be in a high pressure situation, as right on cue, the NE breeze kicked in at 9:30am and knocked the temperature rise on the head 20.9C then and now at 13:30 is only 23C. However the intensity of the sun is something else and by 10am with all the doors and windows open the conservatory was 39.6C.

Temp on the deck under the parasol is 29.4 a good 6C warmer than in the wind.
2011-07-04 13-11-14 Deck shade.jpg
I took some pics of the garden just after 11am as the light levels were quite different to what we normally get. Unfortunately the camera does not show it as I saw it. It was more like you get on the beach on a Med holiday
2011-07-04 11-18-20 Back Garden NW very bright.jpg
Nigel, If it it only one degree warmer than outside you need to fire up the BBQ.... we did last December
2010-12-03 20-47 Madness in the snow .jpg
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Dave, I have a similar aquarium thermostats......how accurate do you think they are ?
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

The Codfather wrote:Dave, I have a similar aquarium thermostats......how accurate do you think they are ?
The 2 I have are very similar in reading and slightly underead compared to my weatherstation. They were 0.3 and 0.4C cooler at 11C when I checked them back in March. :wink:

Now reading 30.1C, but step off the deck into the NE breeze and it is noticably cooler :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Nigel »

Dave good idea !!

Link to the news here abotu cold http://noticias.uol.com.br/cotidiano/20 ... geada.jhtm