Pics from Kev F

Rachelpalm

Re: Pics from a newbie

Post by Rachelpalm »

Hello
you have some stunning plants there and the pots you have them in are also very nice. My pet hate is when people have loads of pots which are ugly looking and do not match, loads of plastic ones etc that do not compliment the plants which are in them. I dumped loads of my pots this spring and bought a few new ones which all matched. Yours look great. My Chamaerops humilis also has brown spots on abit like yours but the newer leaves have not. Could the spots be frost, snow damage from our bad winter? My palm looked abit sick April time( had yellow spear but did not pull) but has now fully recovered. Guess that was frost damage too.

Check the following link out for some info to what it may be

http://www.gardenguides.com/124479-euro ... eases.html
Kev F

Re: Pics from a newbie

Post by Kev F »

Thanks guys, the orange flowers are from a plant called Ornithogalum Dubium 'Sunshine'...2 for £8 from Homebase. South African plant, once foliage turns yellow in Autumn the bulbs need to be lifted and replanted the following Spring.

Totally agree about the pots Rachel, we have to pot things up as not in a position to put them in the ground where we live at the moment. We have spent as much on the pots as we have the plants in them to try and keep everything looking nice (though ideally they would be planted out). Thanks for the link.
Kev F

Re: Pics from Kev F

Post by Kev F »

Just some updated pics with a few new plants and good growth on a few things (especially the Basjoo)...more plants ordered to :-)
Attachments
IMG_0889 (598x800).jpg
IMG_0890 (800x598).jpg
IMG_0893 (598x800).jpg
IMG_0894 (800x598).jpg
IMG_0895 (598x800).jpg
IMG_0896 (598x800).jpg
IMG_0897 (598x800).jpg
IMG_0898 (598x800).jpg
IMG_0900 (598x800).jpg
Rachelpalm

Post by Rachelpalm »

Hello
look very nice, your banana looks great too.
Kev F

Post by Kev F »

Cheers Rachel... Real happy with the banana, good growth and 9 pups.