Heatwave

Rachelpalm

Heatwave

Post by Rachelpalm »

Hello
anyone looked at the forecast for the next 5 days? Wow summer is finally here in England. 24c and sunny, sounds good to me. Today was very nice too in my garden. 22c and not a drop of wind. Going to get outside as much as possible now before winter hits. Sunday is looking great too. icon_thumright icon_thumleft icon_cheers

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/ ... NR31%209JN
GoggleboxUK

Re: Heatwave

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Rachelpalm

Post by Rachelpalm »

Hello
I should of known, lol. So excited. icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny

Going to have a bbq me thinks
billdango

Post by billdango »

Nice and sunny here to?about +22c max i think.
mowed lawn today and had tea and chocolate biscuits sat in the pounding tropical sun.
rgds billdango. icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny
Ste

Post by Ste »

I missed all the sun today whilst sat in the pub perving on the gorgeous young singer :lol: :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

You'll do that once too often Ste :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
maritimesbob

Post by maritimesbob »

Cool, wet and windy here like most of the "summer" has been. Something the brochures and tourism guides don't tell you about in "sub-tropical" Britain!
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Bob youve really put me off visiting cornwall again :P :lol: :lol:
maritimesbob

Post by maritimesbob »

Ditto!!

I suppose the winter in Cornwall is the time when I should be happy about, a normal Cornish winter that is!

Our highest temperature all summer was a pitiful 22-23C. After spending a decade in Canada where +30C is all but guaranteed, it's quite a shock. Fortunately I won't see a Canadian winter down here, where -30C and below is guaranteed!
kata

Post by kata »

Bob youve really put me off visiting cornwall again
Don't let it Cordy, get down to Newquay in july/august. Sun, sea, and surfing...brilliant.

I would love to live facing the sea in Newquay. When we were thinking of going we had seen postcards, really blue sea on the cards. We were amazed at the deep blue of the sea.

It was boiling hot the whole week we were there. I have a soft spot for Newquay...always will have.

icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

its full of vomit at night now K icon_thumright
We stayed at perranporth just down the road for years but now travel on down to gwithian near hayle,much quieter but same quality beaches if not better icon_thumright
due down again soon,just hope this heatwave lasts a chunk longer than a week
having said that about newquay,id take it over a lot of uk resorts anytime,cant beat the sea in cornwall
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Ste wrote:I missed all the sun today whilst sat in the pub perving on the gorgeous young singer :lol: :lol:
And it only gets worse with age :lol:
palm lad

Post by palm lad »

-30C :o i thought the Cornwall area was meant to be the warmest part of Britain?

and anyhow, i've heard we're all meant to get snow next month! icon_scratch but then again i suppose knowing our barmy british weather it could change from indian summer into the north pole in the space of more like a day, anytime of year :shock:
huporhaha

Post by huporhaha »

Huh, poof and huh again - Countryfile weather forecast looks great for most of the UK - all but that far north west corner again - does anyone fancy a permanent house swap? It's soggy, wet and windy here - my other half put off his hill walking trip yesterday cos the forecast up there said the windchill factor would make it feel like minus 6C. I want to move somewhere sunny and warm.................now....... :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Give me icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny please...............
billdango

Post by billdango »

huporhaha wrote:Huh, poof and huh again - Countryfile weather forecast looks great for most of the UK - all but that far north west corner again - does anyone fancy a permanent house swap? It's soggy, wet and windy here - my other half put off his hill walking trip yesterday cos the forecast up there said the windchill factor would make it feel like minus 6C. I want to move somewhere sunny and warm.................now....... :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Give me icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny please...............
Come to the south coast.
Lots of palms and banana trees and cordylines.
also in most years warm and sunny? but not this summer.
rgds billdango. icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft