low pressure storm to hit UK 8th december.

Nathan

Re: low pressure storm to hit UK 8th december.

Post by Nathan »

sanatic1234 wrote:I am just saying what the man said nathan if it happened or not i don't know. He just said winds gust of 130mph have been recorded at stonehenge by the metoffice? Thats all he said.
Well the man is wrong San, I can quite confidently tell you it has not been anywhere near that windy down south. I have even checked the Met Office website & the nearest observation stations to Stonehenge (Boscombe Down & Larkhill) have only recorded maximum gusts of around 50 mph & 40 mph respectively. The maximum gust recorded today has been 165 mph at the Cairngorm summit & that's a height of 4,058 ft...
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Like i said nathan that was all he said. I can't say no more than that. If you have the proof it hasn't then it hasn't. I was just simply going by what the man was told that was all.
jezza

Post by jezza »

Pretty quiet here. Had a couple of 40mph gusts otherwise winds are no more than 20mph. Those new houses built at the bottom of my garden appear to be a big help. They are acting as a windbreak 8)

Lashing it down with rain though.
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

icon_shaking2 icon_shaking2 icon_shaking2 This is not funny :( , its horrible here and i'm really worried about the damage to my roof, lost some tiles a couple of days ago, probably have no roof left by tomorrow :(
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Most parts in scotland has been took over with snow again now. Some places have -11 and -12c wind chill!
Unlucky. They are going through the wars. Ireland also have -11c wind chill in some regions. :(
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Trudytropics wrote:icon_shaking2 icon_shaking2 icon_shaking2 This is not funny :( , its horrible here and i'm really worried about the damage to my roof, lost some tiles a couple of days ago, probably have no roof left by tomorrow :(
Try not to think the worst trudy. icon_thumleft
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

jezza wrote: Those new houses built at the bottom of my garden appear to be a big help. They are acting as a windbreak 8)
You mean the people in those new houses break wind for you? :ahhh!: :DD
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

This is a picture of a windturbine in scotland that has caught fire due to it not being able to cope with the windstrength. :shock:
Attachments
wind turbines..jpg
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

sanatic1234 wrote:This is a picture of a windturbine in scotland that has caught fire due to it not being able to cope with the windstrength. :shock:
"Above 500 wind-mills over set and broken to pieces; or the sails so blown round, that the timbers and wheels have heat and set the rest on fire, and so burnt them down" — Daniel Defoe, The Storm (1704).
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

sanatic1234 wrote:This is a picture of a windturbine in scotland that has caught fire due to it not being able to cope with the windstrength. :shock:
Good, thats one less of these giant useless carbuncles!
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Trudytropics wrote:
Good, thats one less of these giant useless carbuncles!
:lol: :lol: I gather you are not a fan then trudy.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Conifers wrote:
"Above 500 wind-mills over set and broken to pieces; or the sails so blown round, that the timbers and wheels have heat and set the rest on fire, and so burnt them down" — Daniel Defoe, The Storm (1704).
Thanks for that info conifers. icon_thumleft
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

sanatic1234 wrote: Thanks for that info conifers. icon_thumleft
Just goes to show, "There's nothing new under the sun" :lol:
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

:lol: :lol: It has also just been shown on the bbc news. :lol:
jezza

Post by jezza »

Conifers wrote:
jezza wrote: Those new houses built at the bottom of my garden appear to be a big help. They are acting as a windbreak 8)
You mean the people in those new houses break wind for you? :ahhh!: :DD
Nobody in them yet, i wouldn't mind one but don't have £350k.