Freeze on its way! another daily weather blog

Adam D

Re: Freeze on its way!

Post by Adam D »

The freeze has well and truly lifted here and I wish it was back to be honest!

Not for my plants of course, but rather for my mountain biking. On Sunday the mud and the puddles were starting to freeze and dry up essentially, but tonight it was back to mudfest time and when I came back home my bike was filthy and needed a good hose down.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Not quite freezing here, but not far off. Was forecast a minimum of 5C here tonight but hovering between 1 and 2C since sunset. No sign of rising yet. :(

Just to rub it in it's 21C in South Tenerife at 23:33
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by stephenprudence »

Dave Brown wrote:Not quite freezing here, but not far off. Was forecast a minimum of 5C here tonight but hovering between 1 and 2C since sunset. No sign of rising yet. :(
It probably wont be until mid-morning you notice a significant rise Dave, it's been up and down here all night.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Just shy of +5c here.

:DD
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Think frost by 9pm up to 1c now though rain and 10c forecast for tomorrow icon_cheers
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Its been bloody cold here, it dropped to -4.6 last night and was still -4 at 9 o'clock this morning.
Highest temp today was +2.8.

It was 0 a few hrs ago but is now +1.4, seems to be getting a little warmer....it has been raining tho.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

It's strange, Bournemouth airport was -1C & Southampton airport 1C at midnight, yet here (& also at Lee-On-Solent) 8C :?
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

5C and cloudy here.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Wow a real jump in temperatures at Bournemouth airport! At 1am it's now 8.3C there!
pdid

Post by pdid »

I didn`t check the garden thermo. this morning but the car was indicating a roasting hot 6c at 5.45.

Now what`s my new best pal, the polar vortex, got lined up for us over the next few weeks!?!
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

the coldest freeze snap of the winter is over. with one might reaching minus 3.7 the rest minus 1ish.

right now its a scorching 7.6 !

spring you can now begin LOL
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Adam D wrote:The freeze has well and truly lifted here and I wish it was back to be honest!

Not for my plants of course, but rather for my mountain biking. On Sunday the mud and the puddles were starting to freeze and dry up essentially, but tonight it was back to mudfest time and when I came back home my bike was filthy and needed a good hose down.
this is very true. went riding on Sunday 2.5 c and gorgeous dry crispy trails! the skies really sort the head out too!
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

4c this morning... icon_cheers
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

10 now. forecast 13 later :shock:
karl66

Post by karl66 »

10.6c here :) , just been to cut brown rotten fronds off a couple of tree ferns :( . karl.