Red Ensettes in stock yet, B and Q, Homebase where you are?

Dim

Re: Red Ensettes in stock yet, B and Q, Homebase where you a

Post by Dim »

Kristen wrote:
Dim wrote:never saw anything that interested me ... also looked at homebase
Worth a look in http://www.scotsdalegardencentre.co.uk/ if you don't know it Dim? Trumpington side of Cambridge.
thanks Kristen ... I frequent Scotsdales often as it's nearby ...

nice thing is that they have a large range of plants, they have a good cofee shop aswell ... I also have my mowers serviced there ...

I may pop in on saturday morning, as I have to do some work in Sawston which is nearby
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Dim wrote:I frequent Scotsdales often as it's nearby ...
I was pretty sure you would have known of them icon_thumleft ... didn't know you were that side of Cambridge though.

Bought some nice, and somewhat unusual leaf coloured plants for our tubs last year.
Mick

Post by Mick »

Hello all, I tried to reply to this a few days ago but had some registering problems.

They had loads for sale in blooms rugby as well as 5' basjoos and lasiocarpa, I bought a car full :D

I think the garden centres are called something else in other parts of the country.
grub

Post by grub »

Welcome to the Nuthouse Mick :lol:
Panama Pete

Post by Panama Pete »

Still no Banana plants, ive located them now at 9.99 at a garden centre however im sure they were cheaper last year, however will the verve badge push them up when they do arrive at b and q?

Anyway been today to b and q and the tree Ferns have arrived and plenty of palms, and yuccas. :wink:

Pete
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

I've bought two small Ensetes from a Cornish nursery on Ebay. Got the first one and is a lovely plant, second one on route. Sadly around ten quid a plant, but I can't find them anywhere up here so prepared to fork out.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
JBALLY

Post by JBALLY »

I have managed to find one at my local nursery for £8.99 and the size and quality far exceeds that of the plants from the likes of b&q.I did enquire when the cannas etc were going to be in stock at b&q and was informed that they should be available in the next week or two but this will vary from store to store. There are loads of palms and tree ferns available but red ensettes are definitely late this year.
daftbanana

Post by daftbanana »

Hi Jbally, which local nursery was selling them for £8.99 please?
JBALLY

Post by JBALLY »

Brookside nursery in Anstey, they still had about six or seven left yesterday and they are in the houseplant part indoors. It is off Cropston road, they dont usually sell things like this but they also had a couple of cannas left and I bought a pot with four small washie robustas in and have split them up individually. There was one other pot of washies left with three in and they are not too big and pot bound to split and are only £10 a pot.
daftbanana

Post by daftbanana »

Ok thanks!
Al

Post by Al »

still nothing in homebase, don't know about B&Q as i haven't been lately.