Ensete seperation

JakoMonster

Ensete seperation

Post by JakoMonster »

Went up to B&Q earlier an bought red Banaana ensete , one of them was a pup so they was attach to each other so i pull them apart and they snap i was wondering if i did it wright thing they both have loads of roots still attached to them ?
Attachments
002.JPG
003.JPG
MonkeyDavid

Re: Ensete seperation

Post by MonkeyDavid »

As long as there's roots you'll be ok
Troppoz

Post by Troppoz »

Yep Jack it will be fine. Maybe just let the point where you separated them dry out a little or even dust it with some fungicidal powder as insurance, but I dont think that would be that necessary...
JakoMonster

Post by JakoMonster »

ok thanks icon_thumleft i'm new to these so wasn't sure, i just planted them in the ground now and gave them a water.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Just give them TLC for a week or two to settle them in :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Kerinsian »

Is separating them what "should" be done or will pairs be ok left together? I got a double from Morrisons but have been too worried about killing them to try the same. On the other hand I've been worrying that one will just fade away if I don't!
Mick

Post by Mick »

I bought a double about a month ago, separated them and both now have roots bursting out of the pot.

The baby one only had short roots so it needed staking for a week or two to help it in the wind but it's throwing up leaves like mad now.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Good division there, it will romp away!

I potted my two Morrison Ensetes up a couple of weeks ago. I wonder how long until I should pot them on?
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.