Weather stations

Andy P

Weather stations

Post by Andy P »

Can anyone recommend a decent Weather station? I bought a digital max/Min thermometer for my greenhouse recently and wanted to get one for my Conservatory too as i plan to overwinter some stuff in there but i`m thinking now that i`ll probably go the whole hog and get a Weather station for in there. Somethin like this maybe??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Green-Wash-Ltd- ... 14&sr=8-52

I don`t want to spend a fortune. Probs 40 quid tops. Can anyone recommend one they`ve used?
Cheers in advance.
The Codfather

Re: Weather stations

Post by The Codfather »

alot of us bought these last year http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/W-8684-WIRELE ... 5199848614
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

Cheers Cod. But that`s not a Weather station. :roll: :lol:
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

:oops: :lol:
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
grub

Post by grub »

How about going another £20? http://www.maplin.co.uk/professional-wi ... tre-220865
Panama Pete

Post by Panama Pete »

ive got the maplins unit and its never been wrong, well worth the cash. Also it has never gone faulty! :D
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

Which model is that Panama? There`s quite a few of them.
I read quite a few reviews of that one Grub and a lot of them weren`t very good.
sherree

Post by sherree »

Andy we had a e-mail from maplins this week they had a usb weather station for £50. Ive just checked the e-mail Sorry Andy the offer was only for 24 hours.
Panama Pete

Post by Panama Pete »

this is the one!

http://www.maplin.co.uk/professional-wi ... tre-220865
cannondale28

Post by cannondale28 »

I did see a Weather Station (PWS) for cheap in Lidls last week. Don't forget to put it up the Wunderground website. If you do, I have used the free Cumulus software on the net for this. Hope that helps.

Jerry
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

cannondale28 wrote:I did see a Weather Station (PWS) for cheap in Lidls last week. Don't forget to put it up the Wunderground website. If you do, I have used the free Cumulus software on the net for this. Hope that helps.

Jerry
???????????????????????????????????????/ icon_scratch
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Andy P wrote:
cannondale28 wrote:I did see a Weather Station (PWS) for cheap in Lidls last week. Don't forget to put it up the Wunderground website. If you do, I have used the free Cumulus software on the net for this. Hope that helps.

Jerry
If you get a weather station that will transmit to your PC you can set up a "location" on www.wunderground.com and the software will upload your weather data to Wunderground - then other folk nearby can compare their data to yours etc.

Cumulus is an excellent, free, software application that connects to a range of cheap weather stations and retrieves the data from it, stores it, provides a "monitoring screen" and some graphs etc on your PC, and can also upload the data to Wunderground. The software that comes with the cheap weatherstations tends to be close to useless, whereas Cumulus is an excellent replacement.

Having all the historical data to refer back to, on your PC, and thus being able to see how quickly the temperature fell over night, and how long it was below freezing, etc. is both interesting and helpful, but Weather stations that can upload to computer are more likely to be £100 price bracket, rather than £50. Cheap ones tend to be rebadged "Fine Offset"
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

Cheers for clearing that up Kristen. icon_thumleft I didn`t have a scooby what cannon was talkin about. :lol:

As already stated , i didn`t want to spend more than 40 quid really as i`m mainly just interested in knowing the temps i`m getting in both my conservatory and garden. Opted for this one.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DB-Tech-Wireles ... B00796HQ4Q
cannondale28

Post by cannondale28 »

Kristen wrote:
Andy P wrote:

Jerry
If you get a weather station that will transmit to your PC you can set up a "location" on http://www.wunderground.com and the software will upload your weather data to Wunderground - then other folk nearby can compare their data to yours etc.

Cumulus is an excellent, free, software application that connects to a range of cheap weather stations and retrieves the data from it, stores it, provides a "monitoring screen" and some graphs etc on your PC, and can also upload the data to Wunderground. The software that comes with the cheap weatherstations tends to be close to useless, whereas Cumulus is an excellent replacement.

Having all the historical data to refer back to, on your PC, and thus being able to see how quickly the temperature fell over night, and how long it was below freezing, etc. is both interesting and helpful, but Weather stations that can upload to computer are more likely to be £100 price bracket, rather than £50. Cheap ones tend to be rebadged "Fine Offset"
Yeah, that's wot I meant, wot he said. ;)

Google may help also. :)

Mine is an Easyweather Personal Weather Station. Davis and other brands upload thier data on to the Wunderground website. Great website. :)
Jerry