Tropical Storm Nadine, spawns wet windy week

Kristen

Re: Tropical Storm (Ex Hurricane) Nadine, and wet windy sund

Post by Kristen »

sherree wrote:Paul my other half is missing checking the weather station like hes been doing most of the day while ive been to work.
He needs a weather station that connects to his computer - then the software on his computer will upload the data to Wunderground and he can watch it, on the Internet, wherever he is in the world :)
sherree

Post by sherree »

Hi Kristen. I must get round to linking up the weather station to the internet . Im not sure if to conect it to a old laptop i have or to a cube case computer i built a couple of years ago . I must sort it out soon with the winter being just round the corner and so many plants to put away and protect.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

IoNothing but a few spots of rain and now wind up here.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Here is my stats for today
Attachments
2012-09-23 HTUK Weather page.JPG
2012-09-23 HTUK Weather page.JPG (49.48 KiB) Viewed 764 times
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by GREVILLE »

After twelve hours of rain today, we have totalled 21.5mm - almost as much that fell from 16th July to the present day :shock:

Warm front has moved northward to give our friends at higher latitudes a nasty dose of it tomorrow on its leading edge. Temperatures are up from 9.4c at 1700 to 11.7c at 2330.

GFS shows Nadine moving very slowly north in the coming week and allowing high pressure to build over us. An Indian summer first week of October?
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

A woman was killed at Kew yesterday by a falling branch .
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:A woman was killed at Kew yesterday by a falling branch .
Oh, that is not too good, they'll cut all the trees down now :ahhh!:

Biggest problem here was a falling Ensete Montbeliardii leaf. It weighed approx 6kg and took out part of a Zantedeschia. Other casualties are 3 x basjoo leaves, and a sikki leaf, all snapped at the base of the petiole.

Now in the Eye with pressure 985mb and no wind at all, but due to go around to the SW as the eye tracks north on it way to visit Scotland before visiting Wales and Ireland.

31.5mm in the last 24 hours and still raining. :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by flounder »

Quite damp yesterday and so far today, but not as windy as expected. The only casualty was the garden broom (for sweeping, not growing) which fell over
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

42mm since sunday morning

guess i chose the wrong weekend to replace my guttering and dig a new soakaway.... icon_thumbdown
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Dave Brown wrote:wind due to go around to the SW as the eye tracks north on it way to visit Scotland before visiting Wales and Ireland.
Forecast to give you severe winds when it does that :(
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Kristen wrote:
Dave Brown wrote:wind due to go around to the SW as the eye tracks north on it way to visit Scotland before visiting Wales and Ireland.
Forecast to give you severe winds when it does that :(
yes, but will correct all the leaning plants :lol: My garden is less exposed to the SW than the NE.

Sun came out briefly and the air has a muggy feel now even though raining again. Must have gone from the cold sector to a warm sector. Still no wind at this time.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by flounder »

I'm more exposed to sou'westerlys, as I've just found out! Very gusty now, torrential rain and things flying around....like a scene from Mary Poppins out there :shock:
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

My big leaves that are still out were untouched by the gusty winds yesterday. Anything strong between north and east can't get past shelter.

At the moment Nadine is responsible for some pretty strange weather here. Temperatures continued to rise through the night from around 12c at midnight to 14c at dawn. Sitting in the centre of the low (currently 980mb) without a breath of wind we are shrouded in dense fog as the cloud base has dumped its bot on our high ground. The rain falling through the fog could be called 'warm' as the temperature is now up to 15.8c

Nadine is still sitting to NW of the Canaries and giving them problems there as well. Very high humidity (for them) and a risk of further thunderstorms through this week. I noticed some very bright colours on the satellite radar on the nearby African mainland.

I expect the big leaves to get hit this afternoon when the wind resumes from the south-west.
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

GREVILLE wrote: I noticed some very bright colours on the satellite radar on the nearby African mainland.
Have you got an URL for this, please?
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Flounder, you are about 80 miles to the SW of me, so the eye has moved from you, won't be long before I cop it then.

Greville, just uniformly grey and windless with moderate rain, here at low altitude.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright