2012 album

Adrian

2012 album

Post by Adrian »

I have just loaded pictures of the garden for this year on my Webshots, far too many and I'll be cutting the album down a bit as there are something like 240 pictures in this album but if you want to see it raw then heres a slideshow link http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/sli ... 5704yUkgvn
Jo A P

Re: 2012 album

Post by Jo A P »

I was going to have a look at a few pics and couldn't stop. What a beautitful garden. One of the best I've seen.
Just how many different Brugmansias do you grow. I love the orange one! Definitely on my 'must have' list.
Does your Abutilon megapotamicum stay out all year? What about the Bouganvillea? Do you take it in for winter?
flounder

Post by flounder »

I done the same, went to look at a couple and looked at them all.
Its a bit bland Ade! :wink:
Troppoz

Post by Troppoz »

Thirded! icon_thumleft

Beautiful garden with lots of colour and interest. I love the yellow brug, what a sensational colour! Your hibiscus was a real surprise and was that a Syagrus rom. in there as well?
dino

Post by dino »

Crackin pics Ade icon_thumright
tropicalwon

Post by tropicalwon »

Absolutely stunning Adrian icon_thumleft .......the photo's are brilliant. Great to see some fruiting citrus plants..the lemons look fantastic. The Arid bed looks nice-I'm personally not a great lover of these sort of exotics but when I see them planted at this standard......... my arm is starting to bend..........

Just a few Quick :?: :

whats the evergreen looking shrub in photo 66/240?

The tetrapanax in the front garden looks superb with it's main stem, which looks to be pupping well . How do you protect it in winter?

Thanks for sharing your garden icon_thumleft
Last edited by tropicalwon on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flounder

Post by flounder »

tropicalwon wrote:whats the evergreen looking shrub in photo 66/240?
thats a dipladenia or mandevilla or whatever its called now :roll: Cracking, isn't it.
DAVIDEVANS

Post by DAVIDEVANS »

Adrian,

I visited your garden about 5 summers ago. It was brilliant then and even better now.

Thanks for sharing
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Look great Ade icon_thumleft

Love how lush it looks, with just the right amounts of colour burtsing through the tropical foliage & looks nice & secluded from the neighbours too...
Trainer John

Post by Trainer John »

Where's the rain, wind and slug damage? It's not fair. :D

Seriously, it's looking good and all credit to you for keeping up your high standards even with this rotten summer.
derrick

Post by derrick »

I love the Brugs i want more now looks great garden
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

DAVIDEVANS wrote:Adrian,

I visited your garden about 5 summers ago. It was brilliant then and even better now.

Thanks for sharing
Hi David, good to see you here again, Ive lost a few palms since your visit and made a few changes.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

tropicalwon wrote:Absolutely stunning Adrian icon_thumleft .......the photo's are brilliant. Great to see some fruiting citrus plants..the lemons look fantastic. The Arid bed looks nice-I'm personally not a great lover of these sort of exotics but when I see them planted at this standard......... my arm is starting to bend..........

Just a few Quick :?: :

whats the evergreen looking shrub in photo 66/240?

The tetrapanax in the front garden looks superb with it's main stem, which looks to be pupping well . How do you protect it in winter?

Thanks for sharing your garden icon_thumleft
Not a great year for the Citrus, the fruit on them at the moment are last years.
I dont protect the Tetrapanax at all, it drops most of its leaves but is well hardy having come through the 3 bad winters we had.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Troppoz wrote:Thirded! icon_thumleft

Beautiful garden with lots of colour and interest. I love the yellow brug, what a sensational colour! Your hibiscus was a real surprise and was that a Syagrus rom. in there as well?
Yes a couple of Syagrus romanzoffianas here, cant do without them as they add the tropical touch Im looking to get.
The yellow Brug is actually an orange one, its Charles Grimaldi and the flowers start off yellow and turn to orange.
I have a few Hibiscus and they are well worth the effort of wintering in the heated greenhouse.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Jo A P wrote:I was going to have a look at a few pics and couldn't stop. What a beautitful garden. One of the best I've seen.
Just how many different Brugmansias do you grow. I love the orange one! Definitely on my 'must have' list.
Does your Abutilon megapotamicum stay out all year? What about the Bouganvillea? Do you take it in for winter?
Yes the Abutilon stays out and is about 20 years old but it suffers most winters and its been moved several times, its in a pot now as I all but lost it but it will be planted again probably next year.
I have a few Bougainvilleas here and they do go into the heated greenhouse for winter, well worth any effort as they are such a great plant once the coloured bracts form.
Brugs, yes I have a few :lol: but Im well behind a few people I know, such an easy plant to propagate and to grow so long as you give them constant water and feed (tomorite) through the growing season.