Fatsia Annelise.

karl66

Fatsia Annelise.

Post by karl66 »

I have many large fatsia but have always wanted the variegated version. I've just ordered a couple of of the above ready to plant out in the spring, do they prefer shade like a plain fatsia & how do they transplant if needs be?. karl.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: Fatsia Annelise.

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

I've just this very morning seen around 50 plants of Annelise which are outdoors but under cover. All the newest foliage has been burnt by the recent frosts. Mine is in the garage so not sure how hardy these are?
Dim

Post by Dim »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:I've just this very morning seen around 50 plants of Annelise which are outdoors but under cover. All the newest foliage has been burnt by the recent frosts. Mine is in the garage so not sure how hardy these are?
I planted a small fatsia spiders web eralier this year in a garden...

I had a look yesterday and there is no sign of frost damage (yet) ...

In that garden, there are also 2 normal fatsia and they look ok ... One was planted last year and it sailed through (unprotected) during the last winter

what has suffered and has blackened so far on some of the stem ends is a fairly large fatshedera that was planted in spring ...

I'm interested to see how hardy the Annelise is, as I might try planting a few next year
Springy

Post by Springy »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:I've just this very morning seen around 50 plants of Annelise which are outdoors but under cover. All the newest foliage has been burnt by the recent frosts. Mine is in the garage so not sure how hardy these are?
Where did you see those Kris?! I haven't seen any around this area!
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Springy wrote:
Where did you see those Kris?! I haven't seen any around this area!

I've mentioned them a few times.

http://www.spring-green-nurseries.co.uk/?page_id=161

They are a tenner for very good sized plants.
call

Post by call »

i have one there was a thread about this earlier in the year with my pictures of it on can anyone find this?
yes it is as hardy as the normal or for me it is.

amulree now have them https://rhea.websitelive.net/turn-it-tr ... roduct=745
karl66

Post by karl66 »

I've ordered a couple off simon at amulree, i can tell you that this variety is quite rare but looks stunning when larger. karl.
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

The one I got for a tenner can be found near the bottom of this page

http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/v ... &start=585
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Not that rare Karl, I had one 3 or 4 years ago but lost it, I have another in the garden now that I picked up last year.
There were loads of these for sale around these parts this year, in fact I probably saw as many annelise as I did spiders web and there were masses of those for sale.
Plenty of unnamed variegated Fatsias around as well.
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Ok, i didn't realise till recently there were so many variants!, i think the spiders web was the one i thought the annelise was. karl.
/
Dim

Post by Dim »

here are more for sale in 5 litre containers for £19.95:

http://www.gardeningexpress.co.uk/Produ ... uctID=1192
karl66

Post by karl66 »

I recieved 2 lovely plants this morning off amulree, they will be in my porch now till spring when they'll be planted out. do they like to be watered much or just left moist? karl.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Never pot grown one but all of my Fatsias are treated the same, they are planted and left to get on with it, apart from a lot of pruning on the standard form then no problems.
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Ade, what i meant was , how much watering do they need indoors until they are planted out?, or is just being kept moist enough?. karl.
Springy

Post by Springy »

karl66 wrote:I recieved 2 lovely plants this morning off amulree, they will be in my porch now till spring when they'll be planted out. do they like to be watered much or just left moist? karl.
Any photos Karl?
I'm not sure I can warrant spending £18 on delivery at amulree when I'm only after one plant at £15!