Back in the freezer every week !

Tom2006

Back in the freezer every week !

Post by Tom2006 »

I'm sure many are sick of warnings, but it certainly looks like a return the freezer this coming week. At present it should only last the week but frosts and snow look likely, even down south. Nothing exceptional, but worth a mention considering how mild its been recently.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: Back to the freezer next week

Post by Dave Brown »

Tom2006 wrote:I'm sure many are sick of warnings, but it certainly looks like a return the freezer this coming week. At present it should only last the week but frosts and snow look likely, even down south. Nothing exceptional, but worth a mention considering how mild its been recently.
We can get snow up to May though Tom,
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by GoggleboxUK »

And the papers will tell us we're getting snow in June if it sells copies.

;)
JBALLY

Post by JBALLY »

I have a -2c tonight predicted it is already -1.6c, nothing to worry about and there is only a -1c for wednesday and -2c for thursday but I hope it does not mean another cold snap coming. All the other temps up until wednesday are in the plus though, thank goodness.
Last edited by JBALLY on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

I know it can snow until May, in fact June has seen snow in places, but thanks anyway. icon_thumright This is, as always, a warning for anyone who doesn't or can't keep track of the weather coming our way. This hasn't come from any paper talk, its come from looking at the current model output. icon_thumleft Just for Nigel, I'm not saying 2010 temps either. :wink:
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Tom, save your fingers.. it's best to let people make their own minds up, they clearly don't want the warnings.. I've been trying for ages, but it seems no one's really bothered and would rather make their own mind up. That said I certainly understand where you are coming from! icon_thumright
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Tom2006 wrote:I know it ... May, in fact ...snow ... This is....a warning for anyone who doesn't .......talk....2010 temps
This post was edited by the Daily Mail Marketing Department.

:lol:
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

stephenprudence wrote:Tom, save your fingers.. it's best to let people make their own minds up, they clearly don't want the warnings.. I've been trying for ages, but it seems no one's really bothered and would rather make their own mind up. That said I certainly understand where you are coming from! icon_thumright
I know what your saying Stephen but if it helps just one person I will always post it. I would sooner find that the warning was for nothing rather than hear of someone losing their prized plant(s).

Google...do you work for the Daily Express!? icon_thumright

This is the chart for the 6th Feb and with the forecast air temperatures well below freezing and the active front moving south snow looks likely for many. http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/fax/fax96s.gif?02-12
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

stephenprudence wrote:Tom, save your fingers.. it's best to let people make their own minds up, they clearly don't want the warnings.. I've been trying for ages, but it seems no one's really bothered and would rather make their own mind up. That said I certainly understand where you are coming from! icon_thumright
That's a bit harsh Stephen, the weather threads are getting the most posts of any of the subforums lately and I for one wrapped all my palms because of the warnings you posted.

The fact that we didn't get below -3c here is irrelevant, it proves that we do take the opinions of our resident weather gurus very seriously indeed.

;)
flounder

Post by flounder »

I totally agree. Please keep giving warnings about inclement weather otherwise we'll have no one to thank for the heads up....or no one to ridicule when its wide of the mark :wink:
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Let's get one thing straight Stephen. As forum owner I have no problem with anyone giving people weather warnings, however, I retain the right as a member of this forum, to add my comments. I get the impression you resent this, and seem to be saying if I don't heed your warnings, you won't give them to anyone.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Tom2006 »

Jeeez can't a weather warning be just that, no need for peeps to get heated.....
stephenprudence

Dave Brown wrote:
Let's get one thing straight Stephen. As forum owner I have no problem with anyone giving people weather warnings, however, I retain the right as a member of this forum, to add my comments. I get the impression you resent this, and seem to be saying if I don't heed your warnings, you won't give them to anyone.
Well I'm not having a go, I do feel people just brush it under the carpet whatever though, I can't ever imagine anyone ever agreeing cold will come, even if it's looming on the horizon, and that lulls people into a false sense of security, which might become a problem later.

This time it doesn't look so bad, but in the future we shouldn't be so closed minded with the prospect of cold.

I'm not bothered about people not heeding my warnings, but it worries me that should I keep posting warnings or anyone else for that matter, people will generally not take any notice of them, because some members say the cold won't happen, then one day in the future, the warning won't be heeded and we end up with problems.

We will end up with a severe winter eventually.. but we don't want anyone to assume it won't happen..

To be honest I don't care if anyone thinks im a rubbish forecaster, or an extremist, or an attention seeker or whatever, but what I do care about is my plants, I would prefer that other people's gardens look good and survive, because exotic plants are what we want... my role, I felt, for a while, was to help protect those.. of course not suggesting people can't protect their own plants, but I was a fallback.. but I do want a more exotic Britain, and hate the sight of people (and me losing plants).. that's the whole reason I make the warnings, and the same as well for Tom.. it's nothing about what people think of us, because we sure don't gain anything from it.
billdango

Post by billdango »

All weather warnings are worth heeding wether they are from Stephenprudence or from anyone else on this forum.

I do understand that the climate is sometimes much different between the wirral and the south coast but no one can be to complacent at this time of the year.

I always read Stephenprudence,s posts and find them very interesting and I always read other forum members posts on the weather as well.

There is a cold snap coming next week and its going to be windy as well so because of that I will be keeping a close eye on the forecasts and will protect my plants when I have to.

So to Stephenprudence and everyone else keep up the good work and keep those weather reports coming?

billdango icon_thumleft
stephenprudence

Tonight it is 2.6C, cold, and nippy. Lets just hope Spring is on the way soon!

Nothing much to worry about this week, nice to be ready though.

I will try not to come across as resentful (not my intention).

Anyhow lets forget this, and hope the cold weather moves along swiftly.