Palm feeding experiment THE RESULTS

Which palm will grow the best, with best root system and healthiest leaves?

1 Palm Focus
No votes
2 Palm Focus and Palmbooster
18%
3 Slow release
4%
4 Slow release and Palmbooster
18%
5 Soluble Feed
4%
6 Soluble feed and Palmbooster
25%
7 Soluble feed and Seaweed plus Iron
7%
8 Slow release and Seaweed plus Iron
21%
9 Palm Focus and Seaweed pkus Iron
No votes
10 Water
4%

Total votes: 28

karl66

Re: Palm feeding experiment THE RESULTS

Post by karl66 »

I will also be watching with interest, but as nigel has stated the result's will be far from accurate with outdoor testing?, nigel perhap's your in an ideal position to do more conclusive test's with your polytunnel?, For me so far though palmbooster is king!, I even use it when dividing & potting bamboo's, I have some really healthy shrub's kept in pot's that I give palmfocus to also & they look mint!, also everything iv'e had to transplant has been carefully moved & the size of the large white meaty root's to me prove's palmbooster's worth. karl.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I think being outside has explained why some plants are yellow , it was wettest summer for a century so a lot of nutrient would have been washed out. Karl, I did all these tests many years ago. To be honest my results were similar, I initially did tests with Nitrozyme and Superthrive .
Initially I thought Nitrozyme was the wonder treatment because it produced fast growth with big green leaves , palms treated with Superthrive were slower and less green. It wasn't until the second year that benefits of Superthrive came through ,they handled winter better, were more compact , started growing faster and overtook the Nitrozyme ones.
Dim

Post by Dim »

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Why didn't he do a test to see if it makes your cornflakes taste better , what an idiot, why is he is seeing if it makes seeds germinate better ????????
Superthrive contains NAA like Palmbooster , there is no magic, its just basic science, any NAA product will make your roots multiply rapidly , its proven technology. What the hell is it to do with germinating seeds ?? That's GA3 not superthrive.
Dim

Post by Dim »

Nigel wrote:Why didn't he do a test to see if it makes your cornflakes taste better , what an idiot, why is he is seeing if it makes seeds germinate better ????????
Superthrive contains NAA like Palmbooster , there is no magic, its just basic science, any NAA product will make your roots multiply rapidly , its proven technology. What the hell is it to do with germinating seeds ?? That's GA3 not superthrive.
Superthrive can be used during your seed soaking/planting. It contains a vitamin known as B1 Thiamine which will help the seed to crack .... I have read that it also prolongs flowering time and the cannabis guys say it helps to produce 'mothers' (female plants) ....

I've also read that you have to use the prescribed dose .... if you overdose, you can harm/burn your plants

I have never used superthrive .... I picked up a bottle a while ago in the hydroponic store and the salesguy shook his head and took it away and gave me a bottle of Dutch Pro 'Take Root' instead (for free)
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Superthrive is horribly expensive, that's probably why he gave you a dutch treatment and thats why I launched palmbooster in the 1st place. Dosage is not going to be an issue with superthirve at those levels , they are for constant drip irrigation and for fortnightly watering need to be much higher. NAA is not one of those hormones that does damage, even when given at higher dosages , there is lots of research on the net which shows it has to be a really strong dose before effects drop off.
Dim

Post by Dim »

I'm always keen to try new things (thats why I attempted to buy superthrive) .... I think I will get a small bottle and give it a try

there are lots of good reviews on the net