pictures of my canna cleopatra's and some others for Di

sanatic1234

pictures of my canna cleopatra's and some others for Di

Post by sanatic1234 »

some cleopatras in flower and others just about in flower.
Attachments
phpUwaru8AM.jpg
phpAxxZwyAM.jpg
phpC7u5YcAM.jpg
phpGtok9AAM.jpg
phps2dSg2AM.jpg
phpqqPtQ8AM.jpg
php8R4njYAM.jpg
cordyman

Re: pictures of my canna cleopatra's and some others for Di

Post by cordyman »

Cracking those mate :D

Such a good summer for canna loving heat icon_sunny icon_sunny
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

I agree cordy and i think as cannas get older they just get better and better flowers. My Canna warszewiczii are certainly proving that.
Last edited by sanatic1234 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

is that the red ribbed one next to them just an Indica? My cleos put out red flowers in early summer but have been all yellow since..a few red thrown in there
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

Thanks San :D I just love the leaves on these Cleopatra, as much as the flowers. I was gifted one by Bob a couple of years ago, and are doing well, but not in flower yet.

Yours are looking great with great leaf markings.

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.
kata

Post by kata »

Bloomin lovely San

icon_cheers icon_cheers
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

I lost a lot of Cannas but I'm going to replace them now.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

miketropic wrote:is that the red ribbed one next to them just an Indica? My cleos put out red flowers in early summer but have been all yellow since..a few red thrown in there
Yes it is mike. Brought two plants 3 years ago labelled as musifolia only found out last year they were Canna warszewiczii! :lol: took two years to flower as well and i now have about 8 plants? and some seed from last year. :)
Last edited by sanatic1234 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

DiCasS wrote:Thanks San :D I just love the leaves on these Cleopatra, as much as the flowers. I was gifted one by Bob a couple of years ago, and are doing well, but not in flower yet.

Yours are looking great with great leaf markings.

Di
Thank you Di. I divided some of mine last year when i lifted them, one this year started off all green then as it got later in the growing season it put out its variation again. :)
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

I like how you did that kata :lol: Thank you.

I lost my city of Portland rob and my flaccida last year but they have been my only casualties. :-)
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

I lost a few pots of Canna Durban and some others.
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

sanatic1234 wrote:
miketropic wrote:is that the red ribbed one next to them just an Indica? My cleos put out red flowers in early summer but have been all yellow since..a few red thrown in there
Yes it is mike. Brought two plants 3 years ago labelled as musifolia only found out last year they were indica! :lol: took two years to flower as well and i now have about 8 plants? and some seed from last year. :)
Since I dont see them for sale over here maybe a trade next spring for a few of my cannas you dont have. Id like to see what those indicas do with this summer heat
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

They get tall mike my biggest this year so far is over 5ft. And yes i would be willing to trade next year. :) I think they would perform even better with stronger heat.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

fern Rob wrote:I lost a few pots of Canna Durban and some others.
I like the canna Durbans rob, I brought one back in 2010 but it was virused so it got destroyed the following day, i contacted the seller but he was adamant it was healthy but it wasn't. A lot of experienced growers on this forum told me it was virused. I was just glad i never got round to planting it and that it was nowhere near my other cannas. :) How did they die rob? I think i may of killed my two as i kept them completely dry all over winter, instead of giving them a trickle of water over winter.
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

sanatic1234 wrote:
fern Rob wrote:I lost a few pots of Canna Durban and some others.
I like the canna Durbans rob, I brought one back in 2010 but it was virused so it got destroyed the following day, i contacted the seller but he was adamant it was healthy but it wasn't. A lot of experienced growers on this forum told me it was virused. I was just glad i never got round to planting it and that it was nowhere near my other cannas. :) How did they die rob? I think i may of killed my two as i kept them completely dry all over winter, instead of giving them a trickle of water over winter.

Glad to see someone is not so in love with somthing they will risk other things to keep it. I am adamant about removing virus stock.y to buy larger cannas and colocasia so I can check them for virus and make sure of what I am getting. I know alot of people will keep things even with the virus and end up infecting the whole yard just because they spent money on it..can't risk them all to save the one icon_thumleft