kert111.jpg
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: New member - New garden!

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

lesli5 wrote:Thank you.
I wanted to put up pictures, but I cannot because it's too big. :(
Can anyone help him?

Welcome. icon_salut You should start your own topic to show pictures of your garden.
lesli5

Post by lesli5 »

I own an open theme?
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

lesli5 wrote:I own an open theme?
Attachments
here.jpg
lesli5

Post by lesli5 »

Thanks. :wink:
doncasterpalmguy123

Post by doncasterpalmguy123 »

Welcome. The computer design looks great. Cant wait to see the pictures when its all finished. You should make a youtube video of it. I know id watch it, just from the design. :lol:
jetsetwilly

Post by jetsetwilly »

Sorry for delay in getting completion photos up. Note hosepipe! Waiting for some rain now. Dicksonias are wrapped in frost fleece. Im watering the tops of them every few days, is that OK? Dont want them drying out but dont want them freezing either. I guess I will stop when it gets sub zero.
Attachments
PHOTO_20131211_080810.jpg
PHOTO_20131211_080822.jpg
jetsetwilly

Post by jetsetwilly »

Youtube video is a good idea as it will show the garden from all angles - let me work on that!
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

jetsetwilly wrote:Sorry for delay in getting completion photos up. Note hosepipe! Waiting for some rain now. Dicksonias are wrapped in frost fleece. Im watering the tops of them every few days, is that OK? Dont want them drying out but dont want them freezing either. I guess I will stop when it gets sub zero.

Very nice landscaping. Do you have a full planting list? The Tree fern logs don't have any roots or leaves at the moment so don't have a great need for water. As soon as spring arives they'll need regular waterings as the fronds emerge.
pdid

Post by pdid »

Excellent, great landscaping and good use of space. It'll look even better when it starts to fill out come Spring icon_thumleft
kata

Post by kata »

Beautifl space,

Completed before the real winter begins, it must be a great relief to see it finished. The enjoyment comes with planting and seeing the results.

Ferns love water so in spring give it some wellie. I keep a fountain turned on next to mine in summer, it also keeps the Insects away.

icon_cheers
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Wow, Love the raised bed and mixed hard landscaping and the TFs are a great size icon_thumleft Bet you can't wait for spring! Well done jetset..
doncasterpalmguy123

Post by doncasterpalmguy123 »

Lovely garden jet set. Been following the progress on here. I think a nice large Chamaerops humillis would look great in the middle of your grass circle, a multi stemmed one for that mediterranean look. Just an idea, may be pricey but i think its worth it. :lol:
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

I would keep watering to a minimum but seen as they have no roots at the moment it is a good idea when you know there will be no frost for over 24 hours.
jetsetwilly

Post by jetsetwilly »

Thank you all for your kind comments and yes I am relieved to have it finished before the snow and ice and I cant wait for the spring!
I intend to fit a irrigation system next year and have 60mm conduit throughout the garden running under the paths to allow for the irrigation pipes and electric feeds for the lighting. A hard standing base has been created behind the garage to house the reservoir.
Having spent an hour watering the other night an automated system will be a great time saver.