Outlook might be changing ????

cordyman

Re: Outlook might be changing ????

Post by cordyman »

I think i've been ruined by super cold winters, hence me now finding above zero 5-6*c day time temps "mild" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Sorry stephen it jsut seemed to coincide with a few things that I read yesterday. Still no real sign of cold. As for it having to change that isnt the case. Many of the 90s early 00s were very mild relatively speaking. Fingers crossed.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

The outlook is more than changing day by day, it seems to be changing during the day. Weather in two halves - big winter storm in the morning, dry, calm and sunny in the afternoon. Tomorrow doesn't change - just a carbon copy of today. Same for Wednesday and Friday :shock:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

cordyman wrote:I think i've been ruined by super cold winters, hence me now finding above zero 5-6*c day time temps "mild" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If i can go outside in a t-shirt and not feel cold, for me that is my definition of mild. That has quite often been the case this month, when its either not raining or blowing a gale.
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

I'm not good at model reading, but the 14-day weatheronline outlook for London is excellent for the time of year:
jan_2014.png
Southerly winds all the way.

I'm still harvesting raspberries icon_thumleft

Since that -0.8C in November, we haven't had any more air frosts and there is no frost in sight into mid January. I wonder how long it's going to continue.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

No sign of anything remotely damagingly cold. Just more wind and rain.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Tom2006 wrote:No sign of anything remotely damagingly cold. Just more wind and rain.
Wind is normal here, just everyone else moans when they share my weather :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by cordyman »

Nigel wrote:
cordyman wrote:I think i've been ruined by super cold winters, hence me now finding above zero 5-6*c day time temps "mild" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If i can go outside in a t-shirt and not feel cold, for me that is my definition of mild. That has quite often been the case this month, when its either not raining or blowing a gale.
It's a repeatable pattern here, rain and gale in the evening and morning but clears up in the afternoon. Every couple of days rinse and repeat
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

The rain and standing water is of concern to me at the moment as my garden is heavy to start with......this will cause more damage than snow, frost & ice at this rate !!!
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

More warnings now in place!!
http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/ho ... 31618.aspx
harryc

Post by harryc »

Looks like we may be getting our first real cold snap of the winter from early next week. Signs of the dreaded beast from the East rearing its ugly head.

H
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Latter half of the 5 day is finally showing dry weather. Cooler with a minus 1 low, but no rain. About bloody time :lol:
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

cordyman wrote:Latter half of the 5 day is finally showing dry weather. Cooler with a minus 1 low, but no rain. About bloody time :lol:
Wrong forum mate :lol: we all like mild. Try a cold ramper forum :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by cordyman »

Dave Brown wrote:
cordyman wrote:Latter half of the 5 day is finally showing dry weather. Cooler with a minus 1 low, but no rain. About bloody time :lol:
Wrong forum mate :lol: we all like mild. Try a cold ramper forum :wink:
I don't want any damaging cold but look at fri, sat and sun

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643123

dry, and ok temps, hopefully with a bit of sun breaking through, will be far superior to gales every 2 days and torrential rain icon_thumright
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Oh now it looks like there is potentially a cold spell coming up for western areas ! Easterlies... However the fact the continent hasn't been too cold might save us from serious cold.