More additions....

benbaron

More additions....

Post by benbaron »

Just got a couple of cannas from Hart Canna, Huge great rhizomes!

Went for Musifolia Grande and Russian Red, Im a fan of bit leafy plants.... http://www.hartcanna.co.uk/catalogue.html#foliage

Need to buy some more plant pots now..... :oops:
kata

Re: More additions....

Post by kata »

I too am a 'red person' , I once wanted to entice Humming Birds with my reds....HAHAHAHAH

I love this, I already have an Ensete so looking for color now in flowers.

icon_sunny icon_sunny
patens.jpeg
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

benbaron wrote:Just got a couple of cannas from Hart Canna, Huge great rhizomes!

Went for Musifolia Grande and Russian Red, Im a fan of bit leafy plants.... http://www.hartcanna.co.uk/catalogue.html#foliage

Need to buy some more plant pots now..... :oops:
I bought those last year from them. Musafolia grande grew large fast and flowered, Russian Red did less well height wise, so it needs more sun...I had it in semi-shade.
Last edited by Blairs on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

Good to know about the Russian - will stick in somewhere sunny ;)

I may be running out of room when I get all this lot out of my conservatory!
Jo A P

Post by Jo A P »

I bought seeds of several varieties and they grew well and flowered last year. I just wish I had had the intelligence to have labelled them. I know one was musifolia grande but the leaves didn't get as big as I expected them to. Perhaps I'll have to treat myself to another one.
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

Jo A P wrote:I bought seeds of several varieties and they grew well and flowered last year. I just wish I had had the intelligence to have labelled them.
I forget to do that all the time also.

Just out of interest - Im sat here looking at the potted musifolia and its grown about 3/4'' overnight......
Mowgley

Post by Mowgley »

I've been looking at some of those rhizomes at harts very tempting :D
Kata I have some spare canna seeds like the ones in your pic if your interested.
Last edited by Mowgley on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lys

Post by Lys »

Mowgley wrote:I've been looking at some of those rhizomes at harts very tempting :D
I was tempted and succumbed...C.Stuttgart, C.Russian Red, C.Grandiose. In my garden canna foliage shreds less in the wind compared to banana,(not that I've removed the Ensete from my to buy list). Cant wait to receive them and get them started!!!! :D
kata

Post by kata »

Pushed for time Mow, catch you this afternoon,

Yes thanks for the seeds.

:mrgreen: