eu plant black list

James1991

eu plant black list

Post by James1991 »

so i hear the eu is going to make a black list of non native plants. does anyone think this will affect us?
kata

Re: eu plant black list

Post by kata »

One of my very favorites at risk will be the Virginia Creeper..*.bah to EU.. icon_aaargh

http://flowersnpalms.com/flowersinseasons/?p=54
Mowgley

Post by Mowgley »

I'm going to start and take loads of cuttings and store them for a few years then put them on ebay :D
kata

Post by kata »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe we should all do what Kew does and save our own seed bank till EU pharts and ends up in Mars....period.
jungle jas

Re: eu plant blacklist

Post by jungle jas »

James, It wont affect you if you don't take any notice. No other country in the EU will. Come back UKIP all is forgiven. :lol: :lol: :lol: icon_thumright
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

From what I understand the proposed list is for foreign invasive species of plants. I suppose the biggest problem is what is invasive in Greece is not invasive here or in Finland, so where is the line drawn? We already have legislation covering some invasive plants but it is not widely known about.
kata

Post by kata »

They're just too damn nosy Blairs,

I hate Interferers :x
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Hope tree ferns are not going on the list.
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

no.1 reason for voting out of the EU atm

the daft and most serious thing about this EU ban list is that it gives the right to EU inspectors to come into your garden and seize and destroy any banned plants.
kata

Post by kata »

:ahhh!: :( icon_aaargh :evil:
bodster

Post by bodster »

How short a memory people have when we get comments about this is a reason to stay out of the EU. Think guys! what happens when you order a plant from a non EU contry? Doesn't it get destroyed by customs? So you want to stop being able to order plants from italy, spain etc do you?
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

I've banned the EU from my garden!

:)
David York

Post by David York »

bodster wrote:So you want to stop being able to order plants from italy, spain etc do you?
No we don't, we just want to trade freely like the original plan set out. What we don't want is a political union and all the moronic garbage that goes with it! And this is creeping up on us silently and covertly for sure! NO, NO, NO!

And I've actually had many plants sent from non EU countries, and to date, not even one has ever been stopped.
Vulneratus Non Victus - Wounded But Never Beaten
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

No other EU countries even take any notice. They can enforce it but no action will be taken ... I doubt it'll even go ahead.. They simply haven't got money to be wasting on things like this. This will be a forgotten chapter in a year.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Sounds like Eurocrats thinking up reasons to stay employed.

Any EU inspector invading my garden will be fed to the T'Rex :lol: :lol: :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright