B&Q Plants

themes

B&Q Plants

Post by themes »

just a heads up for anyone after chamaerops Humilis. They had them for 5.99 20 percent discount on all plants so it worked out at 4.75. Larger ones 12.99 to 10.32. They also had new trachycarpus Fortunei and Phoenix canariensis_CIDP.
real_ale

Re: B&Q Plants

Post by real_ale »

Hi themes, is B&Q in Selly Oak still, ive havnt been down there for years, also have you been to wyevale, bournville, is there any tropical plants in stock yet.
themes

Post by themes »

real_ale wrote:Hi themes, is B&Q in Selly Oak still, ive havnt been down there for years, also have you been to wyevale, bournville, is there any tropical plants in stock yet.
Yes I like the selly oak one, its got a homebase next to it..they are better priced there due to competition
musa_monkey

Post by musa_monkey »

Lots of them and Phoenix canariensis_CIDP's in the Slough B&Q now, they also have a few 2ft+pot Dicksonia antarctica's in at £60 each, not exactly a bargain but they were in nice condition. :?
irish dave

Post by irish dave »

Lots of Phoenix canariensis_CIDP`s,yuccas,tree ferns,trachys,and cordylines,and still some of last years washingtonias,in stock here,will have a look for chamaerops this weekend. icon_thumleft
photonbucket

Post by photonbucket »

I found B&Qs plant section pretty poor this year compared to previous years. I now prefer Homebase if we are talking sheds. When does Tesco usually start up its plant section? (Mine is in a marquee in the car park, but I havent seen it yet).
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

they didnt bother with the marquee near me last year
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
jezza

Post by jezza »

I visited B&Q and homebase last weekend. B&Q had cidps in varying sizes, a few small chammys, and a few T fortunei's at £20 (which i managed to buy an identical Trachycarpus from ebay for £12.99 icon_scratch ) , No tree ferns. All a bit pricey for my bargain budget, but homebase, despite not having many palms (loads of cidps and two washys), their prices were better. I bought this Dicksonia antarctica from homebase for £12.74...
treefern.JPG
Simba

Post by Simba »

I must be cursed....

I have never seen anything more exotic than some small palms in any stores such as Homebase, B&Q etc....

Never been into a Tesco that sells anything other than cut flowers for Mother's day, and when I visted Wilkinson's and asked if they sold anything other than small conifers and bedding plants, namely Fern trees, they looked at me like I was from another planet.... alien
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Sounds like my area Simba. B & Q have a few palms, mainly Phoenix canariensis_CIDP which are all dearer and smaller this year, few Chamaerops. Loads of Cordys and 4 x Dicksonia antarctica. the £29 Dicksonia antarctica were tiny compared to the one I got in 2007. The size that was £49 last year are £59 this year. This is what happens when you buy from Euroland, really not good value for money :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Just poppped into our B&Q, tree ferns are expensive for the size. Had a good selection of Phoenix canariensis_CIDP, quite a large one with 2m fronds and a small base for £39.99. If it was in the 20% sale of last weekend would definately have bought it, coincidence that they came in after the sale i wouldn't like to say
themes

Post by themes »

Arlon Tishmarsh wrote:Just poppped into our B&Q, tree ferns are expensive for the size. Had a good selection of Phoenix canariensis_CIDP, quite a large one with 2m fronds and a small base for £39.99. If it was in the 20% sale of last weekend would definately have bought it, coincidence that they came in after the sale i wouldn't like to say
They were available here at the time the sale was on...must be your store Arlon
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

wait til september and the 50% off label will go on.ok you might miss the boat in the meantime but you would be paying a fairer price and have all summer to find cheaper better plants
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure