Search found 507 matches
- Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:17 pm
- Forum: Bananas and relatives (including Canna, Ginger, Heliconia etc)
- Topic: Strelitzia Augusta
- Replies: 1
- Views: 71
Hi Cameron. Planting out in winter is a huge risk with these with the possible exception of a sunny Central London site or the Scilly Isles. Allowing their roots to spread in open soil may well delay flowering. They will perform far better with roots cramped in a pot that appears to be too small for...
- Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:45 pm
- Forum: Palms (including Cycads and Cordyline)
- Topic: fortunei
- Replies: 5
- Views: 328
If you're going to poke around the roots of the young plant may I suggest you use a jet of water from a hose and carefully scoop out the surrounding mud to expose the small palm's root system. It might take repeated efforts allowing the water to drain away but this exercise should expose enough of t...
- Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:29 am
- Forum: Exotic Gardeners Question Time - Ask Here :-) (Public)
- Topic: yucca gloriosa variegata help
- Replies: 2
- Views: 132
My mature one has behaved similarly over the years and whether I have lifted pups with or without roots and taken head or stem cuttings, the results have very uneven. As you have four to play with I would try a number of options. If you carefully check any that have roots then take one now. Don't tr...