Kernock Park Plants

Post Reply
MikeC

Kernock Park Plants

Post by MikeC » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:52 am

Anyone ordered from them?

They sell plant plugs (trays with 25 or 100 plants in them) and have some really interesting stuff.

http://www.kernock.co.uk/index.html

Succulents

http://www.kernock.co.uk/acatalog/Succulents.html

Alpines like Lampranthus

http://www.kernock.co.uk/acatalog/Alpines.html

etc.

Seems a cheap way for getting a lot of filler plant?

User avatar
Yorkshire Kris
Posts: 10160
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:59 am
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: Kernock Park Plants

Post by Yorkshire Kris » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:02 am

looks great Musa basjoo only £1.47 each! plus nice coleus and Tandarra Red

jonny

Re: Kernock Park Plants

Post by jonny » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:03 am

I have looked into ordering from here in the past and unlike quite a few of these places i think they do smaller orders for the general public.

MikeC

Re: Kernock Park Plants

Post by MikeC » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:04 am

Minimum order is ten trays, but P&P is free, so you need to spend a couple of hundred quid at least, but you end up with hundreds of plants for your money.

User avatar
Yorkshire Kris
Posts: 10160
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:59 am
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: Kernock Park Plants

Post by Yorkshire Kris » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:11 am

You could always sell a few and make a profit!

Might take a punt

MikeC

Re: Kernock Park Plants

Post by MikeC » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:18 am

Grow 'em on, pot 'em up and put them on ebay.

jonny

Re: Kernock Park Plants

Post by jonny » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:19 am

The minimum order is ten trays but if you order online you can order just three trays but you have to pay an average of thirty pounds delivery.

Nathan

Re: Kernock Park Plants

Post by Nathan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:27 am

A guy I used to work with ordered from them a couple of years ago & they only delivered on a danish trolley, did cost a fair bit in the end...

MikeC

Re: Kernock Park Plants

Post by MikeC » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:35 am

Nathan wrote:A guy I used to work with ordered from them a couple of years ago & they only delivered on a danish trolley, did cost a fair bit in the end...
They can deliver in boxes now by courier if you order at least ten trays.

Nathan

Re: Kernock Park Plants

Post by Nathan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:03 pm

MikeC wrote:
Nathan wrote:A guy I used to work with ordered from them a couple of years ago & they only delivered on a danish trolley, did cost a fair bit in the end...
They can deliver in boxes now by courier if you order at least ten trays.
Would probably be worth doing if you split the order with a couple of others, I bought a couple of trays when my mate ordered the trolley...

User avatar
Yorkshire Kris
Posts: 10160
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:59 am
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: Kernock Park Plants

Post by Yorkshire Kris » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:09 pm

I'll study this website tonight. Anyone up for sharing a 10 tray order in west Yorkshire?

Not saying I will order but may be if the sums add up. You can get a tray of Black Magic! the succulents look good too.

User avatar
Dave Brown
Site Admin
Posts: 19742
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:17 am
Location: Chalk, (Thames Estuary) Kent, England 51.5N 0.3E
Contact:

Re: Kernock Park Plants

Post by Dave Brown » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:20 am

I have been looking at that site as my wife is going to run the Hardy Tropicals Shop which has been closed since 2008 due to lack of time. I drew up a list of plants to make up the 10 trays. The prices are good but the high order amount is a problem with space. Plants would need potting on before resale and you have to have a suitable space to accommodate them. :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
_________________________________________________
Roll on summer.....
http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk

User avatar
redsquirrel
Posts: 12169
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:35 pm
Location: bristol
Contact:

Re: Kernock Park Plants

Post by redsquirrel » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:25 am

Dave Brown wrote:I have been looking at that site as my wife is going to run the Hardy Tropicals Shop which has been closed since 2008 due to lack of time. I drew up a list of plants to make up the 10 trays. The prices are good but the high order amount is a problem with space. Plants would need potting on before resale and you have to have a suitable space to accommodate them. :roll:

it doesnt sound an enormous amount until thinking about it like that. if you had 50 plugs in each tray,500 pots. that is a lot of space agreed.
Good luck with the shop, mark us down for some collies and alocasias on opening day,Deb loves them icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure

Post Reply