My Garden

lucienc

My Garden

Post by lucienc »

Libby wrote:Do post more pics of the rest of your garden when you get a chance please :D
Well here it is :D

Lucien
lucienc

Post by lucienc »

That was November 2002 soon after I'd moved in.

Until Easter 2005 I didn't really do much with the back, was trying to work out what to do with it. I had the fence replaced, a conservatory built, and put up a 6x8 greenhouse. Over easter weekend 2005 I built the deck with the help of a couple of friends. I then put in some living willow fence, and a pergola.

I don't have pics to post, but most of 2003 and 2004 was spend working on the front garden, chopping down conifers, taking up the lawn, planting out.

I was always into palms and exotics, but didn't start to spend proper money on them until 2006. Until then most of my things were grown from seed.
lucienc

Post by lucienc »

And now to last Saturday morning when the S.reginae opened :)

That will do for now.

Lucien
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Well, what can I say, WOW :shock: Your garden now looks acres. Well done in just two years. 8)
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Libby »

WOW! :shock: WOW! 8) WOW! :lol:

your garden actually looked quite small to start off with but as the plants got going and you had to twist and turn and all those lovely big leaves it looks fabulous. Stunning lucienc.
I don't know if you know (well you wouldn't really would you?)but hubby and I popped down to Falmouth from Wiltshire for a day :roll: I feel another visit coming on!!!!!!!
I'm going to be busy inviting myself to your garden then over to Daves!
The good news is I have nearly persuaded hubby to let me dig up the bottom of the garden and make it all jungle like!!! At the beginning of the year when I started creating my new jungle garden on the patio he was adament that I couldn't dig up the bottom, he's moved quite considerably towards thinking about it!!!!
My patience is paying off!!!

This is the patio covered in my bargain £50 greenhouse and brugmansia's, plus lots of other plants which :cry: sadly don't have a home and really should go in but 'oh dear' theres no room!!!!

See where I'm coming from, dripping tap method, no nagging needed :lol:

lots more pics on my blog
Don

Post by Don »

Lucien -You could have saved an awful lot of work by just planting a few flowering pansies and begonias :lol:
Plenty of space left for more stuff and I bet the cat loves it.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Lucien- I particularly like the 4th pic with the Deck, and Arbour structure, it dramatically changes the appearance or the garage. 8)

Is that a concrete cat statue on the grass, or do you have a concrete coloured cat :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Lucien - Now you've started it.

Hardy Tropicals Dec 1983 before I bought it

Same view in July 2007

View of back garden Dec 1983

Similar view in July 2007
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Libby »

Well now you see why I want jungle plants!!!! The difference is magnificent Dave!
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Libby, It doen't normally look that lush and green in summer.

Normal summer look 2003

Drought year summer look August 2006. Notice the tiny M.basjoo compared to 2003
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Libby »

luicienc I have just been having another lovely look through pics of your garden. Its nice to see I have some similar plants, what are the ones on the right as you look out from your house up the path??
All those plant pots scattered round the garden full of plants, do you plan to put them in? Have you got any room left?? :lol:
phurst

Post by phurst »

Lovely garden Lucienc, coming on nicely and in such a short time!!!

Dave, love that massive bluish agave to the right of your house, arent they quite tender?, do you move it in winter?

Phil.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Love your garden Lucien
Wish I had some before pictures of mine to post,but we never got a digital camera til last year.
So I just popped outside to take some tonight,
So here goes....

Steve
lucienc

Post by lucienc »

Libby wrote:WOW! :shock: WOW! 8) WOW! :lol:

I feel another visit coming on!!!!!!!

I'm going to be busy inviting myself to your garden then over to Daves!
Your all welcome anytime :D Just message first to make sure I'm going to be around.

Lucien
lucienc

Post by lucienc »

Dave Brown wrote:Well, what can I say, WOW :shock: Your garden now looks acres. Well done in just two years. 8)
Its scary how big it feels now, I think the height and size of things helps, also how densly its all planted. Once the palms etc are bigger I'll be able to underplant with even more. Everyone who visits (garden lovers and not) love to sit on the deck and stare around at it all. Most call it my secret oasis. Its very tranquil down on the deck, even though its in the middle of suburban devon (I know you all think we live in the fields down here, but the closest field is nearly a mile away).

Lucien