My Garden

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Funy you should mention bindweed or bellbine, in normal years it only grows where I water plants so I can keep it under control. THIS YEAR :shock: The rain has watered bits I can't even get to, and it is out of control. The trouble is the roots can go quite deep, down to about 2 feet. They are thick and fleshy and it is very difficult to pull enough up, or to weed kill enough of the top to kill the roots.

It is a shame it is such a rampant weed, as the leaves are like small Colocasia, and the flowers quite spectacular white bells, for anyone fortunate enough to have never seen it.:roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by alan »

Some great pictures there must be some very tired people on this forum after all the work thats gone into there gardens
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I'm knackered,but only because my youngest hasn't been sleeping well all week.Must be teething.
Maybe they'll come through soon
Steve
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Steve, try chicken pellets, they make everything else grow twice as fast :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by SteveW »

Maybe worth a try especially at 3.30 in the morning :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve
Don

Post by Don »

Chicken pellets :?: What a dreadful suggestion :shock:
A balanced diet of Blood, Fish and Bone is what most people recommend--and it tastes nicer.
Libby

Post by Libby »

Men!!!! :roll:
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Have only seen the thread now, your garden looks really good Lucien :) You should do a garden gallery for progress
lucienc

Post by lucienc »

Gaz'n'Mark wrote:Have only seen the thread now, your garden looks really good Lucien :) You should do a garden gallery for progress
I will when I have some time. I thought this would be a quick way to show it off :D

Lucien