T-Rex survival?

Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: T-Rex survival?

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

sanatic1234 wrote:My t-rex is offically dead, I de-potted to check for root growth and there was nothing but dead old roots. Gutted!

Sorry to hear that :( I guess it's the luck of the draw with these plants.
derrick

Post by derrick »

How did yours die San was it in the house or outside ?I was trying to work out the type i have some have heavy corrugated leaves others dont
bobbyd44

Post by bobbyd44 »

both of mine are the flat leaf type, one is sprouting in several places on the trunk the other there is nothing and no pups on either, so alot of differences in these plants for sure!!
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

It was stored indoors due to it going into dormancy when I got it and was wrongtime to plant out. I did get stuck in post for 6 days though, thanks to royal mail.
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:Do tall T rex's still produce large leaves or do they get smaller with height?
I noticed on mine that the leaves didn't seem to get quite as big as the first couple of years but were still big, never lost the 'awesome' factor :lol: Personally I love these when they aren't so tall, rather see them at eye level rather than look at the undersides. Haven't got that problem though this year :lol: Dead as a dodo.

Sorry you lost yours San :(

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.
Nick

Post by Nick »

My big but not as big as it was before the winter robbed me of a foot of trunk, I have now removed possibly12 pups. Then while watering I found a pup that had come up outside of my fence,so that means it's roots have gone down further than 20 inches of the raised into the main garden soil then popped up outside my fence in a very small area of soil between the fence and a strip of concrete, I pulled it up so the grounds man here don't spray weed killer on to it,and when I pulled it up it had a very small side root, so I made a small hole with a stick and planted it three days ago, I watered it well and it seems to be holding it's own, so fingers crossed it will survive.

icon_sunny icon_sunny
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

I was very kindly given a small T-rex twig to try my luck with. It has a tiny tiny leaf but it doing very little. Is this normal?
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Sat

Post by Sat »

My trex growing point is dead.

But over the last few weeks pups have been growing all over the place. See pic What i have notice is that the leaves are smaller when growed from the trunk where there are 3 - 4 different branches growing.

I probably have to wait till they foot tall before removing so they got chance of survival.

I'm please in a way that mine survived, but it going to be hard work removing those pups. I probably plant in spaces that got gaps in my garden!! some may be available to swaps!!
Attachments
SDC15129.JPG